uddeIM is available in 34 languages. It integrates seamless with Community Builder, Joomlaboard, AlphaUserPoints, Fireboard, Kunena, JomSocial, Joo!CM, Agora, and Ninjaboard.
uddeIM runs on Joomla 1.0, 1.5 native, 1.5 legacy, 1.6, 1.7, 2.5, 3.0, and 3.1.
The list of features is endless and includes features like:
* Public Frontend,
* File attachments,
* Local-, Global-, Restricted Distribution Lists,
* General- and System-Messages,
* RSS Message Feed,
* Autocomplete Names,
* Popup and Email Notifications,
* Message Control Center,
* Message encryption and obfuscating,
* Message Archive,
* Multiple Recipients,
* Message forwarding,
* phpBB codes,
* Static- and Animated Smileys,
* Flooding protection,
* Captcha Protection (incl. reCAPTCHA support),
* 3 Modules, 2 Plugins, 4 CB Plugins.
All features are configurable.
Importing messages from most other PMS components is possible.
On the project homepage you will find screenshots from the backend interface which shows all options and features.
There is a comprehensive FAQ available that covers lots of issues with uddeIM on about 100 pages. You find the most current version of the FAQ on Joomlacode.org:
(choose "Links to HEAD:" -> Download)
or in the README folder in the uddeIM package.
You can follow development progress on Google+
Please do not forget to vote and to write a review. Thanks!
Downloaded this, & after testing on the test site, time to bite the bullet & from outset, this worked like a treat, no editing of any php files needed.
Well done to all involved.
* Option to notify the user about new PM
* Option to see list of user
* Option to pm person from his/her CB profile
* and may others
Further improvement might be done if:
* The message (to be sent) box is wider
* Shorter period to send the "forget me not" message e.g 7 days or even everyday
In the upcoming uddeIM 1.1 release captcha spam protection will be implemented.
One gripe I have with it is the fact that now it is community builder based. Before I used to have a module that was for sites with out and it notified members when they were on the site if they did not want to be contacted by email. I accidentally deleted that module now it can not be replaced.
I hope the developers look at those sites who wish not to use the community builder system.
Thanks for this great PM system
The next version will include "uddeIM Notify" which is for sites who do not use CB.