- This extension requires registration to download.
Admins can create categories and subcategories, set points and levels for different activities, and administer violation reports. By creating appropriate categories, you can create MUCH more meaningful content to your website. With more questions asked and answers provided, search engines will rank your site much higher (just like Yahoo Answers and Wikipedia, with a ton of user created content).
Admins can set points for the following actions:
- Starting participation
- Choosing best answer
- Login/visit per day
- Answering a question
- Voting on an answer
- Selected as best answer
- Receive thumbs up on best answer
- Asking a question (minus points)
- Spam answer removed (minus points)
What are Points for?
Points are required to reach a particular Level in SIMAnswers. Admins can set the different privileges each user has on each level. Eg. Set users to require 200 Points to reach Level 2, and 10 questions per day is allowed at at Level 2. There are 7 Levels that can be configured altogether.
Users can do a TON of things with SIMAnswers. Here's a quick list:
- Ask questions
- Answer questions
- Provide sources for their answers
- Select a best answer and rate it
- Answer open question, vote undecided questions, or discover resolved questions
- Attach files to questions and/or answers
- Add code snippets to questions and/or answers
- Email interesting questions to friends (using OpenInviter technology)
- Bookmark questions using social bookmarks (includes Facebook, del.icio.us, Digg, Furl, Yahoo MyWeb, StumbleUpon, Google Bookmarks, Technorati, Reddit)
- Retweet on Twitter with a click
- Add to their private watchlists
- Add a question as interesting/starred
- Select a best answer or put their questions to a vote
- Extend question expiry by twice the time
- Comment on questions
- Report violations for questions, answers or comments
- Thumb up/down a question or answer, providing better community feedback
- Search questions easily, or with an advanced search feature
- Integrates with JomSocial's points system and AlphaUserPoints
- Integrates with JomSocial's activity stream
- JomSocial / Community Builder profile plugin to display user's QnA activities
- Special AJAX pagination that improves SEO. Search bots will be able to page through list of questions.
- Admins can allow users to use the WYSIWYG editor to ask and/or answer questions
- Administer questions/answers/comments in the backend
- Set ACL rules for every action. eg Only Authors and above can Ask Questions. Activities include Ask Questions, Answer Questions, Post Comments, Rate Questions/Answers, and Vote for Best Answer.
Every user has his own dashboard that displays his statistics, in
I have never experienced any trouble with it and if you need help, just send an e-mail and their knowledgeable staff is available to help.
2. However, without support what is the purpose of paid subscription? We purchase and installed and it wasn't work as it should.
3. There is no documentation at all (such a lazy business).
4. We submited support ticket on working day. It has been 4 days still no answer!
5. You can read a lot of bad comments even in the forums.
I will not recommend this extension at all.
No Support, No documentation, No forum moderator/admin.
2) The errors, as we have replied, were not errors. You did not translate the language file properly, which is why you see untranslated strings on your site, like PI_FP_FRONTPAGE_DESCRIPTION.
3) Yes there's documentation. It's on the website http://www.simbunch.com/products/simanswers. A file install.txt is also provided in the package.
4) You submitted the ticket on Thursday. It was Thanksgiving, which was a public holiday. We replied on Sunday 3 o'clock *in the morning*. I think that's some support.
5) We do not use the forum for support, because it's very time consuming and sometimes users post information that should be private. There is a dedicated support ticket system.
Again, as we have replied, you posted your ticket on a public holiday. People do take a rest on holidays.