After installing it, your users will be able to see and hear each other, send private and public text chat messages, exchange pictures and YouTube videos, create their own rooms, etc. while your Managers, Admins and Super Admins will be able to kick and ban users, create and close rooms, etc.
November build updates (rev. 1880):
October build updates (rev. 1772): http://avchathq.com/blog/new-avchat-october-build-1772-introduces-great-new-features/
August build updates: http://avchathq.com/blog/the-mid-august-build-1673-of-avchat-is-the-most-solid-avchat-build-yet/
June build updates:
This kit contains 1 Component and 2 Modules:
##### AVChat Video Chat Component #####
* Username/gender integration: users will have the same username and gender in the web site and in the video chat.
* Direct access to the admin area for Managers, Admins and Super Admins (or designated User Groups, available from Joomla! 1.6) have access to the admin area of AVChat 3 from where they can do all sorts of powerful things like kick and ban.
* Different features for different user groups, you can control the video chat features independently for each user group (Native integration with the Joomla! 1.6, 1.7, 2.5 and 3.0 ACL system).
* Seamless integration with JomSocial and Community Builder
* Avatar integration: the avatar pictures are automatically used inside the video chat (JomSocial and CB only).
* Access user profiles directly from the video chat: you can access the profiles of users directly from the video chat. (JomSocial and CB only)
* Simple install: it installs as any other Joomla! Component.
Separate components are provided for Joomla! 1.0, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 2.5 and 3.0.
##### Who's Chatting Module #####
Shows on the pages of your web site what users are logged into the video chat (Joomla! 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 2.5 and 3.0).
##### Show Online Users Number Module #####
Shows in the administrator area in the status bar how many users are logged into the video chat (Joomla! 1.6, 1.7 and 2.5 only).
15 day trial available!
10 day money back GUARANTEED for the purchase!
All PHP/XML integration source code is provided under GPL.
Requirements: a Joomla! website and a media server (FMIS/Red5/Wowza), more info here: http://avchat.net/support/requirements .
The support team is top-notch, very quick to answer ANYTHING no matter how stupid and the app is both simple and very complex. I'm using it for a webinar system and it's perfect.
Thank you for all your help and hopefully (actually surely) we'll have a great collaboration. Alex I.
AVChat is the perfect solution to any site that needs a fast and well running chat programme.
Integrates well with Joomla, (J1.5 or 2.5) easy to set up. If you have any questions or problems, they are fast to help you and get things resolved for you.
AVChat integrates easily on any site, even as your site grows. No conflicts with other components or plugins, easy to set up, integrates perfectly with Jomsocial and ACL.
Perfect solution for a virtual company, customer support solution or any social network site.
Only con is the customization of the style of AVChat. There is limited customization available, though would be nice to offer both a light and dark site version. Only (very minor) complaint I have.
AVChat and AVChat Joomla integration is more than worth the money you spend. A well spent investment for any website.