- This extension requires registration to download.
Video Conference component and module for Joomla allow easy setup of the VideoWhisper Video Conference software and creation of video conferencing rooms from backend and frontend.
This provides live web based video conferencing, public & private chat, multiple rooms and file exchange features. Ready to be used for online communities, business meetings.
This software is great for meetings, trainings, conferences, live events, recruiting, consultations, coaching and of course casual community chat.
This brings people together instantly and without travel costs. These benefits open a wide range of new business opportunities and bring the extra value needed by established sites struggling to go ahead of their competitors.
Latest versions include P2P support, codec configuration (H264, Speex, Nellymoser), acoustic echo cancellation if supported by client.
The free version has some limitations of the maximum number of users, rooms and simultaneous video panels but otherwise works the same as the full version.
The component is developed using MVC (model view controller) for Joomla and same extensions work on Joomla 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 2.5 . Another component is available for 3.x .
Also supports JomSocial groups if component is available.
Joomla integration features:
Backend Features: Setup parameters, create and manage all rooms (including permissions) and room templates.
Front End Features: List latest public rooms & user's rooms, create room (from template), manage settings for own rooms.
All PHP integration source code is provided under GPL.
Full details about the integration component and installation here:
This advanced software requires 2 types of hosting: a regular php&mysql web hosting plan for the regular website features (you probably have that if you have joomla installed) and a special plan (usually on a different special server) for video streaming and other instant communication required between chat clients.
You need 1 of these to run the interactive and streaming part of the software: Red5, Wowza or Adobe Flash Media Server. See the software requirements page on our site for more details. Red5 is free and open source but you need a VPS or Dedicated Server with root access to install it.
If you're not into these technical details you can also find this type of hosting with management services on our site or from other providers.
It needs a bit more in-depth documentation, but overall it is an awesome extension.
And there are a long list of negative things:
- Documentation is very poor and the forum is permanently close (you can imagine why).
- The VideoWhisper support is the worst ever. Speak with them is like speak with a wall. Try it yourself, maybe is better if you ask in romanian lenguage?.
- If you need to adapt the program to your Joomla webpage (and you will need because the layout is quite agly), without documentation, forum and support, you must begin for read the source code.
Forget to change anything if you dont have Joomla and Php skills. And even when you are a expert, you will have dificults to change basic things.
- If you need more customizacion you have to pay (yes, it is the bussiness). For example: to remove the startup messages (from VideoWhisper firm) it cost $500. If you ask them to custom application, the money begin to run (but the standar of service is maybe the same).
- The program use there own video player. It is a secret flash encripted file. It is permanently connected to the VideoWhispers servers to control if you bought the licence. The point is, what kind of control they collect over your webpage, your videos, rtmp address?. I dont know if they use this information, but to know external rtmp is very interesting (specially, because they offer hosting services).
You can try the free version, but I dont recommend anybody to buy this program.
once you have red 5 installed on your server installing this is a breeze .combined with the admin plug in and the ease of which u can stream id say this product is outstanding .slick interface,adjustable cam.chat,user boxes.simply put one fantastic piece of software.
for short i'am System Engineer and do not write code. Play with joomla for fun.
When you have the two needed machines up and running the installation of the com_videowhisper is easy as described on www.videowhisper.com.
Pay attention in creating the Menu entry with your on external URL to LAMP.
LAMP on ubuntu 8.04.3 and Red5 on ubuntu 9.04 with an exellent "how to" found with "red5 up and running" in a search engine ;-).
I guess Red5 could be a killer for newbee's. The describtion from videowhisper is a bit out dated.
So fact: THIS PRODUCT IS AWESOME.
Play with it and have fun. Oh, be the way, i do not have any contact to videowhisper ;-).
A happy joomla user.
If you've entered your rtmp path in the the components parameters in the backend, your golden! I haven't tried to host the rtmp on my own server. I used their minimum shared hosting package 6gb to set up and test.
Way to go guys if you're interested in suggestions I'm sure I'll eventually develop some.Thanks Again!!!
1. The software can be downloaded and installed for free. By ordering a commercial license all limitations (including ad panel) are removed from license server - the software is the same and does not need to be updated.
2. The rest of the comment doesn't make sense: installation was difficult but it isn't working? We offer free installation with each purchase as long as your host meets the requirements. We also offer managed hosting - meaning we setup everything including the rtmp application. Please double check that you are indeed our customer because you also mention another similar product in your comments. Include your domain and order number in your tickets and use the same email used for ordering to avoid confusions and get fast answers.
the instalation its true is not for beginners but its true also this component have the last techologies so only for that is wrong thinking that is only download and install !!! we need set ! but a litle of patience it works.....
Bad Points for me:
1. It works on a "separate window" why not as a normal component that it works under a joomla site?
2. We dont have any custom control of the frontend window. By default she is at left. Why we cant center or put here at right?
3. exception of rooms(create/delete etc ...) dont have op's control's (bans, kicks, +op, -op etc ...)
1.Nice and cool size of videos windows
at the end i wait for the next release ...
The idea behind it is great, but some more in-depth documentation is really needed. State exactly what needs to be put where and allow test content to be used. We have a streaming server running, but are met with really infuriating 500 server errors, which means that we will de-install again and look somewhere else.
The documentation page explains what needs explains full installation steps.
To install the fms application for the streaming server copy contents of com_videowhisper_conference\fms_applications in zip file to your "applications" folder in your Flash Media Server installation folder.
The component page and now also in installation instructions there is an explanation about adding the link to the special view of the video conference: Add a link to the video conference to your menu. It must be an external, absolute link to your joomla installation (with full website url) for component com_videowhisper_conference, view vw, format raw:
Thank you for trying our component - if you need assistance you can contact us by tickets.