This enables you to use the comments module with non-content frontend pages, and the content plugin for content related pages. Making comments for things like Virtuemart/Download extensions etc a possibility.
- Akismet integration (find this under the spam protection section)
- Manual email notification list for all comments being posted
- Improved manual spam protection using regex
- Frontend "delete comments" ability
- Improved reply embedding
- Export button in admin panel to download people who subscribe to receive EDMs
- On some systems comments weren't deleting. Fixed.
- Email was being forced even when not selected. Fixed.
- Some German translation bugs. Fixed.
Bug fixes for 1.0 Stable
- XSS exsploit when entering website for comments
- Admin glitch where text jumped out of popup in IE7
- Bug where content auto-spammed itself
- Bug with category filter not working
- Error with development environments housing Joomla in a subdirectory
Security Release RC3
- Fixes a small XSS oversight
- Fixes category filtering for article glitch where catid=0
New Features RC2
- Added JComments import feature - this is early beta. Do not use on live websites.
- Added basic support for [code][/code] and [quote][/quote]
- Change the way the data is affiliated to content to make it easier to hook into other components such as K2
- User login restrictions - can now only show comments or allow comment submissions to registered users.
- de-DE translation - Thanks Gerhard Sopolinski
- Unsubscribe link added to notification emails
New features and bugfixes in 1.0 RC1
- ReCaptcha added (this will require a reCaptcha api key)
- Fixed language bugs for en-GB
- pt-BR and se-SE native translations have been added. Thankyou Alex Castro and Kristian
- users name/email pre-populated when logged into frontend
- Content plugin created to use with articles
- Content plugin hook to display X comments on blog layouts
- auto-updater fixed (please note due to a bug in Joomla this will NOT WORK untill Joomla 1.7 stable is released - due in the next couple of weeks)
Pre-Existing functionality list:
- Supports nested comments (replying to others comments)
- Has basic spam detection, word/ip/email/domain filtering.
- Avatar & Gravatar support
- Fully using framework, LANG/HTML are both overrideable without core-hacks.
- Uses a module for the comments so can be used with any component, not restricted to content.
- Can be ordered oldest->newest or newest->oldest
- Form position (above or below comments)
- Pagination, and customi
I like the included CSS template as it makes the form look much nicer than not selecting it.
I'd like to see something like a PDF explaining the setup and customisation process. I'd say I am somewhere between a Joomla novice and intermediate and I worked it out OK. It would be nice to see some sample CSS templates, some input field to customise it or some guidance on how to tweak the included settings. Not sure if it's a bug or just my understanding of how to tweak it but I see the title displayed at the bottom of my Category Blog view so I've hidden the title.
So far so good. I really like it. It's well worth a try.
Thanks for the effort!