- This extension requires registration to download.
- Inserts backlink to developer.
Komento was one of the winners of the Community Choice Extensions in the JED in December 2012 because of its powerful and useful features.
Komento is highly secured, lightweight and compatible with all Joomla versions and it is free to download.
1. Instantly activate user interaction and get feedback from visitors to your site.
2. Professionally control all incoming comments or spam in one easy centralized system.
3. Migrate comments from EasyBlog and other comment extensions and have them display in Komento.
4. Komento handles comments in K2, EasySocial, JomSocial, FlexiContent, ZOO, EasyBlog 3.5, VirtueMart, redSHOP, and more.
5. Control certain activity that a particular user or user group can do in the comments area.
- Insert comments and share in social networks
- Share the location of the comment with Google Maps.
- Built-in Access Control List (ACL)
- Excellent comment spam protection
- Word filtering and automatic word replacement
- View comments in-line or nested style
- Email notifications of new/updated comments
- Layout customizations using CSS styling
- Able to report inappropriate comments
View the Komento demo at http://demo.stackideas.com/komento
- Sticky comments to feature the best comments
- Users can 'Like' comments posted
- Conversation bar displaying other involved commentors
- Avatar integration with Gravatar, EasySocial, EasyBlog, JomSocial, Community Builder, and more.
- Bundled with 4 themes to match (only for Professional version)
- Built-in comment migrators for other comment extensions
- Joomla Articles
- Cobalt 8
Integration provided by 3rd party:
- FW Gallery
- FW Real Estate
- HD Video Share
- Music Collection
* For pro components
For full features listing, visit http://stackideas.com/komento.html?ref=kmfeature
The paid Komento version entitles you professional technical support. The free version gets community support from our forums. Details at http://stackideas.com/komento/plans.html?ref=kmpaid
Support is quite responsive and nice, but they can't compensate for the lack of documentation. The user interface is bulky and consumes way too much space. The editor is OK, but why not just use the standard Joomla one? Why re-invent the wheel?
In addition it is not lightweight. It will most definitively slow down your website. In summary, if you have a big website, are techie and have lots of time, go for it. On the other hand, if you are just starting and need a quick commenting plugin / module, this is most definitively not for you. You have been warned.
Thank you for your valuable feedback and we take every feedback very seriously! I have to agree that we are lacking on the documentation part for the settings but most of the settings that you see in the component comes with a great amount of tooltip when you hover over each of the settings.
As for slowing down your website, we have not received any feedback from our users that slows their site down, so far. But if you have any issues at all, please feel free to post them on our support forums :)
We would really like to hear more from you and we hope that we could work together and get things straighten out.
Thank you so much for your suggestion. We will definitely add this into our to-do list. If you have any other feature that you would like to suggest, we will really appreciate it that you can create a thread in our forums.
I just bought Komento and install it.
I have a problem in IE and the team answer very fast at my ticket.
WOW, you worked quickly and efficiently despite the difficulties posed by the protection of the site.
Perseverance, professionalism are your trademarks.
Thank you for your patience and thank you for setting what was wrong.
Thank you very much for the compliments and feedback! We have addressed this issue internally and we'll be posting an update shortly to address this :)
It took us 10 minutes to play around with the configuration and try it out on 2 existing pages, we didnt even had to modify a thing afterward, litterally 1-2 Go.
Highly recommended, and if you wonder how good it is then try the free version you will drop everything else on the spot.
The people behind it are cool!
The feature we needed wasn't a part of Komento, so their staff added it for a very small fee in literally 24 hours.
The extensions has only been out for a few short months, but it is already better quality and has less bugs than extensions that have been out for a year. I spent over a year trying to work through bugs with JA Comments, only to give up in frustration. When we shifted to Komento, everything was fixed in a week.
Now specifically for Komento - I think it's a great extension. The free template is pretty clean and didn't need a ton of tinkering to make it look extremely sharp. The only concern I have is that there appears to be issues for large sites with lots of comments. But they assure me it will be addressed in the next version, and for the first time in my development life, I believe them without a doubt.
Don't look anywhere else.