- This extension requires registration to download.
- Inserts backlink to developer.
Komento was one of the winners of the Community Choice Extensions in the JED in December 2012 because of its powerful and useful features.
Komento is highly secured, lightweight and compatible with all Joomla versions and it is free to download.
1. Instantly activate user interaction and get feedback from visitors to your site.
2. Professionally control all incoming comments or spam in one easy centralized system.
3. Migrate comments from EasyBlog and other comment extensions and have them display in Komento.
4. Komento handles comments in K2, JomSocial, FlexiContent, ZOO, EasyBlog 3.5, VirtueMart, redSHOP, and more.
5. Control certain activity that a particular user or user group can do in the comments area.
- Insert comments and share in social networks
- Share the location of the comment with Google Maps.
- Built-in Access Control List (ACL)
- Excellent comment spam protection
- Word filtering and automatic word replacement
- View comments in-line or nested style
- Email notifications of new/updated comments
- Layout customizations using CSS styling
- Able to report inappropriate comments
View the Komento demo at http://demo.stackideas.com/komento.html
- Sticky comments to feature the best comments
- Users can 'Like' comments posted
- Conversation bar displaying other involved commentors
- Avatar integration with Gravatar, EasyBlog, JomSocial, Community Builder, and more.
- Bundled with 4 themes to match (only for Professional version)
- Built-in comment migrators for other comment extensions
- Joomla articles
- EasyBlog 3.5 and above
- JomSocial 2.8 *
- Cobalt 8
- Mosets Tree
- Sobi Pro
- JUNewsUltra Pro
- FW Real Estate
- FW Gallery
* Applicable for JomSocial 2.6 upgrade to JomSocial 2.8 only. Requires plugin installation to integrate. Download the free plugin at http://stackideas.com/downloads.html
For full features listing, visit http://stackideas.com/komento.html.
The paid Komento version entitles you professional technical support. The free version gets community support from our forums. Details at http://stackideas.com/komento/plans.html
1) Their software is great.
2) The support is great.
3) Their attitude is great.
In the last two weeks, I have bought EasyBlog, EasyDiscuss and I have downloaded the free Komento. I'm using all three because they really are that good. But the thing that really sets these components apart isn't the software, it's the people behind them.
I'm no coder so I've had a few questions I needed answering. Each time, I got an email back really fast (one within a minute, several within 6 minutes). In other words, their support is unbelievably fast.
But the thing that is best about them is that they don't just identify and fix your problems for you, they will even fix conflicts with other software that has nothing to do with them.
When I encountered a problem with another provider's template not being perfectly suited to using with Komento, Jewell at StackIdeas fixed the problem for me within two hours. I have *never* come across this level of service before.
Bottom line, their software is great. But great software really is only as good as the people behind it and these are the best people in the world. I kid you not!
Then, by the clean and well designed layout.
The free version is fully functional so I could test it completely.
There were some integration problems, but the team at Stackideas is there all the time (really. around the clock)to assist, personally. They dives into the site, deals with other extensions and provide unique solutions.
I never met such a professional and dedicated developers and all of that, before I even paid a cent! This is one of the cases I'm really happy to pay for an extension, though everything works right now, with the free version.
Practically: this is a very versatile, clean commenting systems, which is already integrated with the core joomla articles and with K2 items (way better than the core K2 commenting system). It seams that it is easy to develop the integration with other content extensions.
It works seamlessly in other languages, including RTL!
Don't hesitate. Go for it if commenting is an important feature of your site.
And there is one more point which makes me overenthusiastic about this product. The quality of developers support is amazing. They behave like your best friends, Always there to help you. I know what I’m talking about, as I received from them an exceptional support many times. Thank you Guys!
This is by far the best commenting system that I have stumbled onto. What makes this even better is the top notch professionalism portrayed by the support team of Stack Ideas!
Try out Komento! I am sure you will love it!
Its beautifully designed, has a really intuitive and well set out backend and also a choice of inbuilt looks/templates to tailor to suit your own site. The css is also well structured and very easy to adapt for a more personal look and feel.
I had a problem with installation due to a small bug with user avatars and Stackidea's got back to me in a few hours and had not only fixed the bug but updated the software for other users!
Brilliant software, great company excellent support, you MUST have it!! :)
Komento itself works and looks great, with some extra features, configuration has tons of options :) Thanks for this - exactly what I needed!