- This extension requires registration to download.
- Inserts backlink to developer.
Komento was one of the winners of the Community Choice Extensions in the JED in December 2012 because of its powerful and useful features.
Komento is highly secured, lightweight and compatible with all Joomla versions and it is free to download.
1. Instantly activate user interaction and get feedback from visitors to your site.
2. Professionally control all incoming comments or spam in one easy centralized system.
3. Migrate comments from EasyBlog and other comment extensions and have them display in Komento.
4. Komento handles comments in K2, EasySocial, JomSocial, FlexiContent, ZOO, EasyBlog 3.5, VirtueMart, redSHOP, and more.
5. Control certain activity that a particular user or user group can do in the comments area.
- Insert comments and share in social networks
- Share the location of the comment with Google Maps.
- Built-in Access Control List (ACL)
- Excellent comment spam protection
- Word filtering and automatic word replacement
- View comments in-line or nested style
- Email notifications of new/updated comments
- Layout customizations using CSS styling
- Able to report inappropriate comments
View the Komento demo at http://demo.stackideas.com/komento
- Sticky comments to feature the best comments
- Users can 'Like' comments posted
- Conversation bar displaying other involved commentors
- Avatar integration with Gravatar, EasySocial, EasyBlog, JomSocial, Community Builder, and more.
- Bundled with 4 themes to match (only for Professional version)
- Built-in comment migrators for other comment extensions
- Joomla Articles
- Cobalt 8
Integration provided by 3rd party:
- FW Gallery
- FW Real Estate
- HD Video Share
- Music Collection
* For pro components
For full features listing, visit http://stackideas.com/komento.html?ref=kmfeature
The paid Komento version entitles you professional technical support. The free version gets community support from our forums. Details at http://stackideas.com/komento/plans.html?ref=kmpaid
I love that you can customize which categories it appears on, which fields will show, which social networks it can be shared on, permissions, display name and others.
I couldn't get the Recaptcha field to save my keys, and the create/publishing dates disappeared from my articles, after installation, but I will tinker with it, and see if it's a settings issue. Even so, there's a default captcha to use, and I will investigate what happened with the article dates. Regardless, it's a great extension and I'm grateful that it was free.
But show me comment system thats works with all components?
I can say, that Komento is really the best comment system. It's looks beatiful and professional.
There are tons of options and settings.
Seamless integration to other components.
It's only needs to integrate it with most popular components, for example adsmanager, community polls, dj classifieds.
Thanks guys for your next masterpiece!
It would be great to be able to use it with AdsManager extension. Lets just hope we get it in there next update.
Thank you for the kind compliments :) We will be adding support for AdsManager in the future version of Komento.
Again, Komento is AWESOME!
Thanks for letting us know of such errors! We have fixed our release yesterday (We were having some packaging issues with the component) but the latest release, which is released on 10/08/2012 will work with SobiPro :)
You can upgrade by accessing our downloads area.
Thanks once again!
Brilliant and amazing for a free extension - all Stack Ideas extensions are really well worth using!!
And service - I posted a question and then came here to write this review and whilst writing this, back came the answer to my question - that's service.
This, to my knowledge, is the only commenting component that allows registered jomSocial users to post as guests on K2 items. It is such a pain for registered users to have to login before they want to comment on our content. Komento has solved this for us!
Way to go, StackIdeas - thrilled with your products, your design, your interface and your support!
works great the front end and back end is perfectly thought and coded!
why i gave 4 stars! you guys should make a question and answer module!! please!!
Hi, thanks for your kind words and support!
The questions-and-answer component was long been available at our site. It's called EasyDiscuss and it is also listed in the JED. Feel free to explore more about EasyDiscuss.
Even more remarkable is the support provided by StackIdeas, which is superior to anything I've encountered in decades of programming and systems administration… cheerful, competent, generous, and _fast_.
I use both Komento and EasyDiscuss and tend to fuss over my implementations. I don't rave casually, but the support really is remarkable. In some cases, StackIdeas solved my problems while I was cranking out another espresso before sitting down to solve them myself.
1) Their software is great.
2) The support is great.
3) Their attitude is great.
In the last two weeks, I have bought EasyBlog, EasyDiscuss and I have downloaded the free Komento. I'm using all three because they really are that good. But the thing that really sets these components apart isn't the software, it's the people behind them.
I'm no coder so I've had a few questions I needed answering. Each time, I got an email back really fast (one within a minute, several within 6 minutes). In other words, their support is unbelievably fast.
But the thing that is best about them is that they don't just identify and fix your problems for you, they will even fix conflicts with other software that has nothing to do with them.
When I encountered a problem with another provider's template not being perfectly suited to using with Komento, Jewell at StackIdeas fixed the problem for me within two hours. I have *never* come across this level of service before.
Bottom line, their software is great. But great software really is only as good as the people behind it and these are the best people in the world. I kid you not!