- This extension inserts a backlink to the developer.
* Advanced ACL system
* Antispam (CAPTCHA) and flood protection
* Multilanguage support (more then 20 languages)
* Smiles & BBCode support
* Easy migration from 3rd party components to JComments (50+ extensions!)
* Simple integration with 3rd party extensions (more than 40 extensions!)
* Joom!Fish support (separate comments for each language)
* E-mail subscriptions
* Quick moderation (from e-mails)
* Report to administrator
* Ban IP
* RSS feeds
* Automatic updates (require Joomla 1.7+)
Support avatars from 3rd party extensions
JComments Avatar plugin adds support avatars from Agora Forum, CommunityBuilder, ccBoard, Contacts, FireBoard, IDoBlog, JomSocial, JooBB Forum, JoomSuite User, K2, Kunena, iJoomla Magazine, Ninjaboard, phpBB3 (Blogomunity p8pbb bridge, JFusion bridge, RokBridge), vBulletin, Gravatar and more;
Easy migration from 3rd party extensions
JComments supports import of comments from third-party components: AkoComment, BeeHeard, CC Comment, Chrono Comments, Cobalt, DatsoGallery, EasyComment, Easy Blog, Ice Gallery, ImproveMyCity, JA Comment, JMovies, JMyLife, JomComment, JoomlaComment, JooComments, JoomGallery, J!Reactions, JVComment, JXtended Comments, K2, Komento, LinkDirectory, LyftenBloggie, Mosets Tree, MusicBox, Music Collection, mXcomment, RDBS Comment, Remository, RS Comments, MightyExtensions Resource, RSGallery2, SliComments, SOBI2, TPDugg, VirtueMart, UdjaComment, ZOO
I was unable to get it working at first as the template was created with Artisteer...
Make sure you add a line of code in the template you are working with...
in file /templates/templatename/html/com_content/article/default.php
The captcha images with the letters are to difficult to read and I have not found any tutorial how to for example force it to have only number or capital letters. Maybe someone knows where to find this.
You can change the character set used in the CAPTCHA in the configuration file (/components/com_jcomments/libraries/kcaptcha/kcaptcha_config.php). But it will reduce the resistance of CAPTCHA image to OCR.
My evaluation is this is a really NICE extension.
I have a template that is white on back with some colored highlights for some tags. I had to go and manually modify the components default css the "kapatcha" config.php and use my image editor to create some new corner images. Some users might find this a bit harder to do then others.
I wouldn't want to see development take away from the beautiful simplicity of this extension, so maybe some other layouts besides the default would be helpful?
Thanks for the really well written extension!
I had one problem though: After installing jcomments, it worked fine for a week and one day all my comment username (front end)/e-mails (back end) fields were deleted. I posted on their forum and got reply right away. Next I had pagination issues, and I got quick solution. For a free extension, I did not expected this kind of support. Featurewise this is a great component and with excellent support, I would rate this Excellent. Keep it up !
Super Easy to Install
Lacks the ability to flag or report spam comments
It is really hard to decide between this module and the Facebook comment. I wish there is a way to incorporate Facebook Connect with this module and it will be the "awesomest" available.
My only complaint is that I cannot get any help in the support forum. I even hinted that I would pay for this worthy extension if I could get some support. So far it has been three weeks since my initial contact with a forum moderator and I haven't heard a peep. But even with the technical issues I'm having with this software, it's still unbeatable in pretty much every category. Had it not been for the lack of support, I would've easily given it five stars. Hats off to the developer. Try it; you'll like it.
Excuse me, but I check now private messages during January-February 2010 and did not find any posts with no response. I'm very sorry that you could not find the answer in our forum. Contact me via private messages and I will try to help you.
1) when writing an article and breaking it in two parts with a "read more" button, the "Add Comments" link appear at the end of the first part of the article (I mean the introductory article), I thinks is more logical and would be better if it appeared at the end of the article (the second part) after clicking the "read more" button. Instead it is not possible.
2) When adding the "Add Comments" button the "read more" button loses it ccs style. This is not nice!
3) Finally. This is just a request/suggestion: How is it possible to add a BBCode for (Sharing with )FaceBook as it is for Google, Wiki and YouTube.