* Advanced ACL system
* Antispam (CAPTCHA) and flood protection
* Multilanguage support (more then 20 languages)
* Smiles & BBCode support
* Easy migration from 3rd party components to JComments (50+ extensions!)
* Simple integration with 3rd party extensions (more than 40 extensions!)
* Joom!Fish support (separate comments for each language)
* E-mail subscriptions
* Quick moderation (from e-mails)
* Report to administrator
* Ban IP
* RSS feeds
* Automatic updates (require Joomla 1.7+)
Support avatars from 3rd party extensions
JComments Avatar plugin adds support avatars from Agora Forum, CommunityBuilder, ccBoard, Contacts, FireBoard, IDoBlog, JomSocial, JooBB Forum, JoomSuite User, K2, Kunena, iJoomla Magazine, Ninjaboard, phpBB3 (Blogomunity p8pbb bridge, JFusion bridge, RokBridge), vBulletin, Gravatar and more;
Easy migration from 3rd party extensions
JComments supports import of comments from third-party components: AkoComment, BeeHeard, Chrono Comments, ComboMax, Cinema, HotOrNot2, DatsoGallery, EasyComment, Ice Gallery, JA Comment, JMovies, JMyLife, JomComment, JoomlaComment, JoomGallery, J!Reactions, JXtended Comments, LinkDirectory, LyftenBloggie, MosCom, Mosets Tree, MusicBox, Music Collection, mXcomment, PAXXGallery, RDBS Comment, Remository, MightyExtensions Resource, RSGallery2, SOBI2, TPDugg, VirtueMart, UrComment, Webee Comment, yvComment, ZiMB Comment, zOOm Media Gallery, ZOO 2.0
1. Simplicity in everything. (installation, integration, upgrade)
2. Integration with all popular extensions.
3. Very high quality support that is being done by professionals.
It took me roughly 10 minutes from the time I found JComments to fully and functionally integrate JComments into my component. I hate reinventing the wheel and when they make it this easy to do my day is a great. I thank everyone involved in making this component. PROPS!
Another important point would be to replace methods addCustomTag for the use of addStyleSheet and addScriptDeclaration.
If you need some developer to collaborate in the implementation of these features will be grateful to work for the extension of these requirements need only mention that to overcome any of this category.
The addCustomHeadTag method used only in case running in J1.0 (for compatibility reasons), but for Joomla 1.5 always used addStyleSheet and addScript methods.
JComments uses same language as site so if you change site language - JComments' language will change too. It's standart behavior for Joomla's extensions...
The backend is well organized and has many options, although an "IP blacklist" list is missing (maybe its coming soon?).
Anyway, this is an awesome componente. Thanks so much for sharing!
Only one major disappointment is there is no automatic notification to the author.
They are claiming that the work is going on and it will be released soon which will be a great thing.
- Installed "out-of-the-box" without any problems.
- Default CSS style is really nice and simple for any site, but anyways the CSS sheet is well organized, really easy to adapt.
- REALLY fast support at official forum.
- Easy but powerfull user's permission configuration.
You should give it a try!