- This extension inserts a backlink to the developer.
* Advanced ACL system
* Antispam (CAPTCHA) and flood protection
* Multilanguage support (more then 20 languages)
* Smiles & BBCode support
* Easy migration from 3rd party components to JComments (50+ extensions!)
* Simple integration with 3rd party extensions (more than 40 extensions!)
* Joom!Fish support (separate comments for each language)
* E-mail subscriptions
* Quick moderation (from e-mails)
* Report to administrator
* Ban IP
* RSS feeds
* Automatic updates (require Joomla 1.7+)
Support avatars from 3rd party extensions
JComments Avatar plugin adds support avatars from Agora Forum, CommunityBuilder, ccBoard, Contacts, FireBoard, IDoBlog, JomSocial, JooBB Forum, JoomSuite User, K2, Kunena, iJoomla Magazine, Ninjaboard, phpBB3 (Blogomunity p8pbb bridge, JFusion bridge, RokBridge), vBulletin, Gravatar and more;
Easy migration from 3rd party extensions
JComments supports import of comments from third-party components: AkoComment, BeeHeard, CC Comment, Chrono Comments, Cobalt, DatsoGallery, EasyComment, Easy Blog, Ice Gallery, ImproveMyCity, JA Comment, JMovies, JMyLife, JomComment, JoomlaComment, JooComments, JoomGallery, J!Reactions, JVComment, JXtended Comments, K2, Komento, LinkDirectory, LyftenBloggie, Mosets Tree, MusicBox, Music Collection, mXcomment, RDBS Comment, Remository, RS Comments, MightyExtensions Resource, RSGallery2, SliComments, SOBI2, TPDugg, VirtueMart, UdjaComment, ZOO
JComments uses same language as site so if you change site language - JComments' language will change too. It's standart behavior for Joomla's extensions...
The backend is well organized and has many options, although an "IP blacklist" list is missing (maybe its coming soon?).
Anyway, this is an awesome componente. Thanks so much for sharing!
Only one major disappointment is there is no automatic notification to the author.
They are claiming that the work is going on and it will be released soon which will be a great thing.
- Installed "out-of-the-box" without any problems.
- Default CSS style is really nice and simple for any site, but anyways the CSS sheet is well organized, really easy to adapt.
- REALLY fast support at official forum.
- Easy but powerfull user's permission configuration.
You should give it a try!
Very clear configuration, works just as expected, allows adding comment system to arbitrary components with very small effort.
This component is just what one might need to have users interact with the site contents.