- This extension inserts a backlink to the developer.
* Advanced ACL system
* Antispam (CAPTCHA) and flood protection
* Multilanguage support (more then 20 languages)
* Smiles & BBCode support
* Easy migration from 3rd party components to JComments (50+ extensions!)
* Simple integration with 3rd party extensions (more than 40 extensions!)
* Joom!Fish support (separate comments for each language)
* E-mail subscriptions
* Quick moderation (from e-mails)
* Report to administrator
* Ban IP
* RSS feeds
* Automatic updates (require Joomla 1.7+)
Support avatars from 3rd party extensions
JComments Avatar plugin adds support avatars from Agora Forum, CommunityBuilder, ccBoard, Contacts, FireBoard, IDoBlog, JomSocial, JooBB Forum, JoomSuite User, K2, Kunena, iJoomla Magazine, Ninjaboard, phpBB3 (Blogomunity p8pbb bridge, JFusion bridge, RokBridge), vBulletin, Gravatar and more;
Easy migration from 3rd party extensions
JComments supports import of comments from third-party components: AkoComment, BeeHeard, CC Comment, Chrono Comments, Cobalt, DatsoGallery, EasyComment, Easy Blog, Ice Gallery, ImproveMyCity, JA Comment, JMovies, JMyLife, JomComment, JoomlaComment, JooComments, JoomGallery, J!Reactions, JVComment, JXtended Comments, K2, Komento, LinkDirectory, LyftenBloggie, Mosets Tree, MusicBox, Music Collection, mXcomment, RDBS Comment, Remository, RS Comments, MightyExtensions Resource, RSGallery2, SliComments, SOBI2, TPDugg, VirtueMart, UdjaComment, ZOO
It is a great extension allows users to evaluate your product in an objective manner. It works smoothly and you can get enthusiastic support from people who wrote it.
Well if it will allow the display of posters and email the editor with more options.
I want to thank Smart. Thanks and wish him health.
1. If Joomla cache is On, then the comments do not appear in a manner that enables Googlebot to index the comments. Precious SEO juice is lost. This is an essential requirement. I am not sure if all Jcomments users have noticed the same.
2. There are too many images that needs to be downloaded. Take for example, number of images needed to get the rounded corner effect. Downloading so many images greatly reduces speed of the website as number of calls made to the server is too high.
3. There is a link that appears which tends to be appear spammy in the eyes of Googlebot. I am not sure whether the author will get any boost because of the link, but it greatly reduces Search engine friendliness of site using Jcomments.
4. Spam control is still not very robust.
However, the publisher of the comment deserves all the appreciation for the effort and keeping it non-commercial. Appeal of the extension will enhance immensely should the author choose to fix these glaring gaps.
Plus, the copyright at the end is smooth and elegant. I didnt want to take it away like with other extensions.
Thank yo so much for the developers!
Until now on my old version i have receved 30 comments. At the moment i haven't imported them back i have tried a Russian component but i didn't like it so i fully disabled the comment function. I realy need this component and i'm offering to test it voluntarily if you have a beta ore an RC or something compatible whit 1.7
Whit respect Razvan
I am now in the process of building a website that I will use as a blog and again, JComments is my choice for commenting. I do would like to know though, how to make the commenting rectangle a little wider.
Thank you for such a great, and stable extension.