It can link contact names in specified contact categories to their contact pages; append email addresses, telephone numbers or other contact information in the article ater the contact name; or generally any html string from a template you define.
The text is not altered in any way: it is safe to try out and disabling contactlink will show your original text again. contactlink will not break your existing HTML code, nor break any existing links.
Multiple settings allow you precisely configure when contactlink should add what and how it should be formatted.
• The contacts to search for can be limited by category.
• contactlink will not break your existing html code, nor break any existing links.
• It is also not limited to articles only; all text created with an Joomla editor can be taken into account.
• You can quickly enable or block contactlink in
• in specific components
• on the frontpage
• in tables
• contactlink can replace one occurance, or all occurances. You control what and where.
• Works on Joomla! 2.5 too
• On some servers, the language files were not installed, resulting in illegible options, making the plugin useless. Fixed.
Joomla 1.5 users need to download the latest v4.x release which is a maintenance branch where bug fix releases and minor enhancements will take place, once the need arises. Joomla 1.6 and 1.7 users need to download the latest v5.x release.
Now fully works for Joomla! 1.6 and 1.7
• Settings can now be set for different situations, separate from each other:
• normal display in a browser,
• display prepared for printing and
• when generated as pdf.
• English and Dutch language files are fully updated; Ukrainian and Russian language files are partially translated and still contain some English phrases.
• contactlink is case-insensitive to all contact names and author links, but only for English and other Latin-derived text. contactlink is case-sensitive for all multi-byte text. In all situations the case is preserved.
• Ukrainian and Russian translation is only partially translated. It is included in the zip file, but not installed.
It saves potentially enormous amounts of time trolling through the website creating and updating links manually.
I have contact records set up for the committee positions of our organisation, which are each linked to the user record of the member currently holding the position, eg Secretary. This means that when we have a new committee elected, I only need to change the name of the user connected to each position record, and all my Secretary links throughout the site will still work :-)
Installed without a glitch in Joomla 1.5.15. I did need to turn-on contactlink in the plugin manager, I guess that is SOP. Works well when then contact is embedded in the body of the article.
Very nice idea, but no, it is not possible to pick up the "Written by" authors name. And yes, manually enabling a plugin after installation is a standard operation procedure. You likely want to configure your plugin first, before it starts changing your webpages.