If you don't like the joomla standard contact page, made it on your own with an article and then add the contact form with this plugin.
Just install the plugin and enable it.
After that, go to your article and put this code:
(Because of Joomla antispam protection, you have to use # instead of @)
IMPROVEMENT IN VERSION 3.1:
- Works fine on both Joomla 3 and Joomla 2.5
- Now it uses the Joomla ReCaptcha plugin
- Works on both joomla articles and k2 articles.
- Support multiple recipient (separated by semicolon)
- The mail received now contains the full address of the form page (useful if you have many contact form in your website and want to know the source)
- The mail received is now indipendent from page language. It will be received always in the language defined in plugin parameters.
Nice and straight forward for the user in the front end - and puts a form right in the middle of text.
I also found this perfect for a site that needed to be very accessible.
I use this plugin on most of my sites.
i spent a couple hours looking for a way to move components into modules into articles, or creating overrides on the contact form.
this worked like a charm and within minutes i had a form.
food for growth: would love to see options to turn off some of the fields that may not be required in some cases.
All you need to do is paste the email address in between brackets in your article and voila a nice little contact form shows up. And then there is the super support from Alessandro. I am currently trying his other extension the Google map that shows all articles ... so far so good.
Thanks Alessandro great work, will keep you informed on the Google map progress.