eXtroForms allows the user to create any number of forms, which in turn can contain any number of input fields.
The entire range of available HTML input fields was mapped to eXtroForms.
An input field can be created in the backend as easy as writing a standard Joomla article, then you determine the position at which it will be displayed on the form and that's it. For this there are 5 different display positions.
Of course you can copy the fields, delete or rearrange them if you are not satisfied with the original arrangement.
A preview function in the backend ensures that you can preview your form at any time, without the hassle of sharing it in the frontend.
In the front end 4 different output options are available: static tooltips, instant tooltips, tooltips with sliding effect or bubble-tooltips. The layout can be customized via CSS in the backend, every single form has it's own CSS style sheet, so that maximum variability is guaranteed. The meta-information (description, title and keywords) can also be specified separately per form.
If a user has filled in the form in the frontend, he can receive (depending on the settings in the backend) a confirmation email and be forwarded to a selected thank you page.
eXtroForms is also perfectly suitable for multilingual sites: From Joomla 1.7, the forms can be translated natively without an additional component.
To protect your form against misuse, you can secure it in addition to the built-in security-mechanisms by extro-media.de with Google ReCaptcha. If a filled in form should still be spam then this request will be filed automatically under suspicion of spam. You can view this folder in the back end separately, and if you decide that an inquiry is not spam, you can move it with a single click to the normal requests.
You can view all queries in the backend or export them via CSV or XML.
eXtroForms was built completely from scratch according to the Joomla MVC design and is based on the Joomla Framework.
It produces no so-called spaghetti code in the frontend, is XHTML and CSS3 compliant and accessible through the renunciation of tables and is therefore ideal for users and search engines.
Any number of forms
Any number of fields
4 different layouts
Can be used as autoresponder
Inquiries exportable by CSV / XML
Joomla MVC compatible
*** New in V1.12-V1.21:
- you can now set the upload folder
- nicer styles for the BE
- resolves a small issue when using eXtroForms on Windows server.
- improved CSV export function, its directly possible to load it with Excel without manual edit
- when using upload fields, you can now directly access the results in the CSV exported file
- added greek, swedish, chinese, hungarian, bosnian, italian and polish translations
- improved AJAX upload
*** V1.22 corrects the spanish translations
I wanted to create a order form and calculate the price and send to paypal. It's not possible.
I'm a very calm person and I gave this component enough time to develop, because they promised to make it better.
It seems they are not interested to improve the product and I have to look for something else. Sad.
First - Thank you for awarding 5 stars.
However, you have confused some reviews, this one doesn't match the vote.
Don't worry, we already accepted your apology.
Anyway, we wanted to write some comments to your review, though it's completely mixed up:
- If you know how to create and edit a default joomla article, then you also can create a form incl. form elements in eXtroForms, which has been confirmed by our customers to be so.
- During development, we focused on keeping the form creation process as easy as possible, following the default joomla standards for components (mainly developed for Joomla 1.5), which has also been confirmed by our customers that we succeeded in doing so.
- We never said that calculating fields and a paypal interface are implemented in eXtroForms, and we don't think that lack of these features make eXtroForms 'not useful'.
- We constantly improve eXtroForms and release new versions when needed. Alone in the last month we updated eXtroForms several times.
So don't worry about your failed review, as already said, we accepted your apology!
If this will updated, it is the best!
Thank you for liking eXtroForms.
The layout has been created for mainly unexperienced users, so they can choose from five different positions where to place their fields.
Whenever a customer asked for help in changing these positions, we adapted them especially to match the customer's wishes.
Also, when a user asked for help in changing the look of their form(s), we not only helped the users of the commercial version,
but also the users of the free version of eXtroForms with detailed answers.
Besides, we believe that editing CSS styles belongs to basic knowledge of web design which every web designer should know about.