- This extension requires registration to download.
An AJAX driven Joomla! 1.5.x component to place a contact form anywhere on your web page with any number of custom fields of different types, including attachments.
In the component pack you also get:
- mod_aiContactSafe : a modul to display the contact form in any position of your template
- plg_aiContactSafeForm : a plugin to place the contact form in an article.
- plg_aiContactSafeLink a plugin to place a link to the contact form in an article.
You can install and/or upgrade any of them from the Control Panel of aiContactSafe and see more information about all of them in the articles of algisinfo.com.
Some of the features of aiContactSafe are :
- CAPTCHA with the possibility to specify code words for each language or random strings, easily integrated in your design by settings the colors and background color to use
- profiles ( multiple forms with different custom fields )
- unlimited custom fields of different types ( Textbox, Checkbox, Checkbox list, Combobox, Radio list, Editbox, Date, Email, Email list, Hidden, Separator, Joomla contact, File )
- add a prefix or suffix to the field
- redirect to specified page when the message is successfully sent
- any number of attachments working with or without AJAX
- SEF support through ARTIO JoomSEF or sh404SEF, or you can use the Joomla's native SEF
- multilingual support ( language files & Joom!Fish )
- language files for English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, German, Greek, Hungarian, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Serbian (Cyrillic), Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Lithuanian ( some not completed )
- specify contact information with a WYSIWYG editor
- detailed instructions for each administration page in English ( and some of the translation mentioned above )
- block users by IP
- block messages that contain words from a list you can define
- automatically ban IP that sends messages with blocked words in a specified period of time
- record the messages in the database with the IP from which they've been sent ( can be disabled from Control Panel )
- extended configuration capabilities
- MVC architecture
- email templates
- order the fields for each profile
For anyone having trouble with "PHPMAILER" or "Could not instantiate" errors, be sure to try the "Set the sender to the default Joomla email address" option in the Control Panel. After an hour of wrestling with it because my host blocks email from non-local domains for security reasons, that option solved everything.
Fantastic module, I highly recommend it.
Thank you for your review.
Regarding your observation about CAPTCHA and MVC, the entire extension is developed under MVC, but I'm guessing you think the CAPTCHA div should be in the layout.
I think that is a complete field with it's own functionality and it's place is not there. It is generated separately and only displayed there.
Feel free to contact me on the support forum and we can discuss this farther.
We started of with a problem that the mail was not sent to ourselves (visitor got his mail, but we didn't). Questions at the forum were answered quickly and clear.
The flaw was not with aiContactSafe, but in a setting on the server to handle local email.
I get more and more pleasure in working with Joomla and the many excellent extensions (free or not!!).