- This extension requires registration to download.
An AJAX driven Joomla! 1.5.x component to place a contact form anywhere on your web page with any number of custom fields of different types, including attachments.
In the component pack you also get:
- mod_aiContactSafe : a modul to display the contact form in any position of your template
- plg_aiContactSafeForm : a plugin to place the contact form in an article.
- plg_aiContactSafeLink a plugin to place a link to the contact form in an article.
You can install and/or upgrade any of them from the Control Panel of aiContactSafe and see more information about all of them in the articles of algisinfo.com.
Some of the features of aiContactSafe are :
- CAPTCHA with the possibility to specify code words for each language or random strings, easily integrated in your design by settings the colors and background color to use
- profiles ( multiple forms with different custom fields )
- unlimited custom fields of different types ( Textbox, Checkbox, Checkbox list, Combobox, Radio list, Editbox, Date, Email, Email list, Hidden, Separator, Joomla contact, File )
- add a prefix or suffix to the field
- redirect to specified page when the message is successfully sent
- any number of attachments working with or without AJAX
- SEF support through ARTIO JoomSEF or sh404SEF, or you can use the Joomla's native SEF
- multilingual support ( language files & Joom!Fish )
- language files for English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, German, Greek, Hungarian, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Serbian (Cyrillic), Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Lithuanian ( some not completed )
- specify contact information with a WYSIWYG editor
- detailed instructions for each administration page in English ( and some of the translation mentioned above )
- block users by IP
- block messages that contain words from a list you can define
- automatically ban IP that sends messages with blocked words in a specified period of time
- record the messages in the database with the IP from which they've been sent ( can be disabled from Control Panel )
- extended configuration capabilities
- MVC architecture
- email templates
- order the fields for each profile
Second, while testing, I discovered that the form I was developing was automatically placed on every page of the website! Wow was I surprised by that.
Third, when I could not remove the form quickly from the live pages, I uninstalled the component and CRASHED THE ENTIRE SITE (the reason i rated it so low).
It looks like a great product, but it was just too much work to get a simple contact form with a couple of extra fields.
Considering all the things the extension is doing of course is not that simple to use, although, as you could see on the other reviews is not that complicated.
The form is displayed on all the pages if the module is installed. It IS NOT installed by default, so you installed it from the control panel of the component. Maybe you should read the instructions before pressing buttons that you don't understand what they do.
The problem on removal is also generated by you activating the module and not remove it after you remove the component.
A simple question on the support forum would had fixed both this problem in less then 30 seconds. You chose to post this review instead. Thank you. :(
Some of the features I love that I was surprised to find in a free extension:
- View & and reply to any messages right from the back end of your joomla site, without even using an email system! THIS is a big deal for me! You don't even need to specify an email address that receives mail to get or respond to a customer's message. (However, when a customer responds to your response, I'm not sure how that's handled.)
- Built in customizable captcha - You can specify number of letters, random or words, colors and more. You can also use third party captcha.
- Advanced field editor and customization - you can add any kind of field you want, and customize it down to the detail.
- Unlimited number of contact forms and purposes. You can create as many contact forms that send messages anywhere you want, and use any number of custom fields in them.
- Built in email template and css editors. You can customize the Form CSS and Email Template that your email arrives in, right from the form creation page.
- Display your form by page (menu item) or in a module.
- Accept email attachements via the form
- Detailed, easy to understand tooltips and instructions. This was nice, because there's so many other extensions out there missing tooltips or with poorly written tooltips.
In a nutshell, this extension allows you to create any kind of form you want, and specify every detail, or specify NOT to use any detail. It's amazingly robust and complete.
Lots of settings & configurations, but don't let that put you off if you're a newbie - instructions are provided in the component configuration pages, & support appears to be excellent on the forum, too (Note: we had a problem of the Captcha not displaying due conflict with swMenuPro - so if you use swMenuPro you may need to disable it just on the aiContactSafe form page). Many thanks to the developers for providing this to the community - Regards, KB
Works great out of the box. Easy to configure and use.
Since it is already so good compare to others (paid and free ones), i will only make little/unimportant comment.
In the admin interface, i would simply use the default Joomla! icons for: new, publish, delete etc. So it looks the same. Makes it visually easier as any heavy Joomla! admin knows these icons.
The text area where you can enter your css or html template should be wider and taller.
it's just for user friendliness. That's all i have to say cause the rest is simply working fine!
The extension has been well thought out and very well put together. Full marks!
However, I don't know what's wrong with the one I installed. Whenever I go to profile, edit one profile and click save or apply, it logs out. Is there anything that needs to be configured?
Thanks again and more power.
I had problems using it with cache enabled (both types of cache) but it's clear to me that it's a problem due to Joomla's framework instead of aicontactsafe. I solved it uncaching Joomla and improving client side caching (try mod_expires instructions inside .htaccess).
It's very important to be sure you are using the latest version.