- This extension requires registration to download.
An AJAX driven Joomla! 1.5.x component to place a contact form anywhere on your web page with any number of custom fields of different types, including attachments.
In the component pack you also get:
- mod_aiContactSafe : a modul to display the contact form in any position of your template
- plg_aiContactSafeForm : a plugin to place the contact form in an article.
- plg_aiContactSafeLink a plugin to place a link to the contact form in an article.
You can install and/or upgrade any of them from the Control Panel of aiContactSafe and see more information about all of them in the articles of algisinfo.com.
Some of the features of aiContactSafe are :
- CAPTCHA with the possibility to specify code words for each language or random strings, easily integrated in your design by settings the colors and background color to use
- profiles ( multiple forms with different custom fields )
- unlimited custom fields of different types ( Textbox, Checkbox, Checkbox list, Combobox, Radio list, Editbox, Date, Email, Email list, Hidden, Separator, Joomla contact, File )
- add a prefix or suffix to the field
- redirect to specified page when the message is successfully sent
- any number of attachments working with or without AJAX
- SEF support through ARTIO JoomSEF or sh404SEF, or you can use the Joomla's native SEF
- multilingual support ( language files & Joom!Fish )
- language files for English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, German, Greek, Hungarian, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Serbian (Cyrillic), Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Lithuanian ( some not completed )
- specify contact information with a WYSIWYG editor
- detailed instructions for each administration page in English ( and some of the translation mentioned above )
- block users by IP
- block messages that contain words from a list you can define
- automatically ban IP that sends messages with blocked words in a specified period of time
- record the messages in the database with the IP from which they've been sent ( can be disabled from Control Panel )
- extended configuration capabilities
- MVC architecture
- email templates
- order the fields for each profile
The only option that I'm really missing, is to send an email to its destination AND a different email to the one who submitted it. There's a workaround that, though, by just adding a "hidden email" field to make sure all the email addresses get the email with the form results, but it means that sender and destination will both get the same email.
Another small bug I have noticed: when in a contact "profile", you want to change the order of the fields, the ordering system suddenly disappears. This appears to be a problem specifically related to IE browsers, because when I try in Chrome it's not an issue. Usually, webmasters have more than one browser installed anyway to properly test their site, so if you just use another browser for that (who needs IE anyway? lol) then it won't be a problem.
All in all, I certainly recommend this extension and I'm glad to have found it!
aiContactSafe is a real diamond. It has ALL functions I need, provided in very straight way. I didn't have any troubles to configure the thing, cause each option was precisely and clearly described. I was able to create a huge submit form with mp3 and avi attach with thx-page, fill and send it to myself ... in no more than one hour after installing.
The program works splendid. I'm so impressed, that I'm going to try at once more things by the author of aiContactSafe.
Thanks & Respect
At first I was a little intimidated when I saw all the parameters for basic setup.
It ended up being pretty easy to finish the initial setup. There was enough help instructions to figure it all out.
Made my first "contact for support form" in about 10 minutes. It looks great in my template.
Thanks for creating and offering it for free!!
Is there any way that aiContactSafe can be used to create a form where for instance the number of fields that appear in the next field is dependent on the item selected in previous field? Thanks again and keep up the excellent work!!
I am working on creating the possibility to define fields depended on other fields, but I can't estimate when this feature will be ready. Thank you for your feed-back.