- This extension requires registration to download.
An AJAX driven Joomla! 1.5.x component to place a contact form anywhere on your web page with any number of custom fields of different types, including attachments.
In the component pack you also get:
- mod_aiContactSafe : a modul to display the contact form in any position of your template
- plg_aiContactSafeForm : a plugin to place the contact form in an article.
- plg_aiContactSafeLink a plugin to place a link to the contact form in an article.
You can install and/or upgrade any of them from the Control Panel of aiContactSafe and see more information about all of them in the articles of algisinfo.com.
Some of the features of aiContactSafe are :
- CAPTCHA with the possibility to specify code words for each language or random strings, easily integrated in your design by settings the colors and background color to use
- profiles ( multiple forms with different custom fields )
- unlimited custom fields of different types ( Textbox, Checkbox, Checkbox list, Combobox, Radio list, Editbox, Date, Email, Email list, Hidden, Separator, Joomla contact, File )
- add a prefix or suffix to the field
- redirect to specified page when the message is successfully sent
- any number of attachments working with or without AJAX
- SEF support through ARTIO JoomSEF or sh404SEF, or you can use the Joomla's native SEF
- multilingual support ( language files & Joom!Fish )
- language files for English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, German, Greek, Hungarian, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Serbian (Cyrillic), Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Lithuanian ( some not completed )
- specify contact information with a WYSIWYG editor
- detailed instructions for each administration page in English ( and some of the translation mentioned above )
- block users by IP
- block messages that contain words from a list you can define
- automatically ban IP that sends messages with blocked words in a specified period of time
- record the messages in the database with the IP from which they've been sent ( can be disabled from Control Panel )
- extended configuration capabilities
- MVC architecture
- email templates
- order the fields for each profile
The one thing that this DEFINITELY needs is a thank you page. Once you submit your form, it takes you back to a blank form. To many novice web browsers and older generations, this can be confusing and frustrating.
You need to activate the message element on your template and the thank you message will be displayed.
Everything else works well, very simple to install and configure. Hopefully the captcha will stop the spam I've been receiving with the standard contact component...
Thanks for your hard work!
My first impression was wow - this is so easy, flexible! But, when using it i discover that there is a lot of functions that does not work, which makes it unusable. Here are some of the issues i discovered before i uninstalled:
- trying to unpublish f.ex the subject field, but not working
- trying to make a field become not required, but not working
- when receiving emails, i do not receive all information entered. I entered information total 6 fields, but received information from 3 fields only.
If these things are fixet, i would absolutely love this extention!
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry to see that you didn't take the time to read the instructions even if I added them on each page of the component.
There are some fields that can't be unpublished or made not required (name, email, subject and message). It's a contact form after all. You can control this way the other fields.
The only problem is with the information sent in the message and that is generated if you use spaces on the name of the field. It will be fixed in the next version ( replacing all the spaces with '_').
I encourage you to use our forum or send me a direct email if you have any other problems and I'm sure we'll find a solution.