An AJAX driven Joomla! 1.5.x component to place a contact form anywhere on your web page with any number of custom fields of different types, including attachments.
In the component pack you also get:
- mod_aiContactSafe : a modul to display the contact form in any position of your template
- plg_aiContactSafeForm : a plugin to place the contact form in an article.
- plg_aiContactSafeLink a plugin to place a link to the contact form in an article.
You can install and/or upgrade any of them from the Control Panel of aiContactSafe and see more information about all of them in the articles of algisinfo.com.
Some of the features of aiContactSafe are :
- CAPTCHA with the possibility to specify code words for each language or random strings, easily integrated in your design by settings the colors and background color to use
- profiles ( multiple forms with different custom fields )
- unlimited custom fields of different types ( Textbox, Checkbox, Checkbox list, Combobox, Radio list, Editbox, Date, Email, Email list, Hidden, Separator, Joomla contact, File )
- add a prefix or suffix to the field
- redirect to specified page when the message is successfully sent
- any number of attachments working with or without AJAX
- SEF support through ARTIO JoomSEF or sh404SEF, or you can use the Joomla's native SEF
- multilingual support ( language files & Joom!Fish )
- language files for English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, German, Greek, Hungarian, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Serbian (Cyrillic), Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Lithuanian ( some not completed )
- specify contact information with a WYSIWYG editor
- detailed instructions for each administration page in English ( and some of the translation mentioned above )
- block users by IP
- block messages that contain words from a list you can define
- automatically ban IP that sends messages with blocked words in a specified period of time
- record the messages in the database with the IP from which they've been sent ( can be disabled from Control Panel )
- extended configuration capabilities
- MVC architecture
- email templates
- order the fields for each profile
• Multiple options for decent customizability.
• Automatic field insertion (text, checkbox, radio, dropdown select, etc.)
• Option for multiple contact forms (good for linking multiple e-mails)
• Concise; each input field in the administrator panel is well explained.
• Customer support super effective.
• Option for file upload.
• Internal inbox.
• Customer support a bit slow.
• Still can't figure out why some e-mails received land in my junk folder.
Overall it's the best contact form yet!
It does not uninstall!
Tried to follow instructions to reinstall and remove tables but could not reinstall menu item so was left with half uninstalled component whose folder and data i had to deleted manually.
At the very least an extension should cleanly uninstall!
Thank you for your review.
The uninstall issue is a Joomla related problem:
As for design, this is very easy to configure in aiContactSafe Control Panel and we would have been more than happy to help you, had you asked for support in our support forum.
When I asked about this in the developer's support forum I got a response right away. They said the problem was a script conflict on my site and the solution was to download another of their free extensions (jvFixScript) and set it to automatically resolve conflicts. I did and viola the captcha displays now and the extension works.
Since I suspect many others may have the same problem running it on 1.7 the developer may want to look into this or make a note more prominently that users may fix the problem in that way but other than that the extension looks great and is a great way to keep a record of and organize a website's correspondence.
You should complain about them not about aiContactSafe.
I'm sorry you didn't understood that from the forum and came here and gave a bad review after we offer a professional extension and profession support for free.
Maybe you want to consider changing your ratting since it seams to be based on something that we have no control over.
Filed under contacts, but rather an underrated form component. I am surprised and will definitely keep an eye on it. Bookmarked for future projects!