* Responsive CSS-based layout (or the original table-based layout).
* Configurable page header, top text, and bottom text.
* Up to five additional user-defined fields.
* Main message field is re-sizeable.
* All fields can be optional, mandatory, or not shown.
* Optional simple captcha system. We don't want to discourage potential customers, so we use a simple picture based system, "Please click on the cat/dog/etc". You can easily add your own pictures to the image library.
* Optional "magic word" system. The user must find and enter the correct magic word to send a message. You can make the magic word easy to find, or difficult.
* Optional auto-fill of email address and name or username for logged in users.
* Optionally logs all contacts. The log is viewable in the back end and includes the browser type and IP address of the sender.
* Multi-language with many languages. The user guide explains how to add your own language.
* Configurable email templates giving complete control over email content and format.
* Built-in editor to easily edit the front-end CSS styles.
* Option to not show "Email a copy of this message to your own address"
* Option to require agreement of a statement and/or linked article before the send button is enabled.
* Option to send emails as HTML or plain text.
* Option to redirect to a link after sending a message.
In case you need help there is also a full pdf user guide.
When i used this component with joomla 1.5, i have possibility to make a combox field. But i think that is not allowed now of 2.5.
Anyway, it's a good job
As we added more and more features to FlexiContact, the support workload increased, but donations didn't, and eventually it became clear to us that we had reached or exceeded the complexity limit for a free extension. The feature requests kept coming in, and eventually we launched the paid version, FlexiContactPlus, which includes all the advanced features that unfortunately can't be included in the free version. At the same time, we did, it's true, remove a couple of features from the free version that were responsible for the most support emails. We didn't do that to push you to buy the paid version, we did it to make the free version sustainable over the long term. One of the features that was removed in FlexiContact version 5.10 was the select list, and this is documented in the version history on our website.
Please consider carefully whether such a poor rating as this is really necessary as this is really very demoralising for us. A curious effect of the averaging system is that we now need 55 more 5-star reviews to recover the overall rating that we had before this review.
Very impressive :)
- Easy to use,
- Interesting anti spam system (images).
- Good user manual
- I had to redefine the french translations, because it was really of a poor quality.
We rely on the Joomla user community to contribute language translations and we maintain them as best we can for the benefit of our international users. If you notice an error in a language file, the correct response is to send us a corrected file, not to criticise the extension in a review!!!
This extension solves that issue. With its 'choose a picture' and/or 'secret word' captcha system, eyeballs can now be saved. And my clients don't have to choose between spam or inflicting pain on customers.
Thanks for this!
Many thanks for such a strong helping support