* Configurable page header, top text, and bottom text.
* Up to five additional user-defined fields.
* Main message field is re-sizeable.
* All fields can be optional, mandatory, or not shown.
* Optional simple captcha system. We don't want to discourage potential customers, so we use a simple picture based system, "Please click on the cat/dog/etc". You can easily add your own pictures to the image library.
* Optional "magic word" system. The user must find and enter the correct magic word to send a message. You can make the magic word easy to find, or difficult.
* Optional auto-fill of email address and name or username for logged in users.
* Optionally logs all contacts. The log is viewable in the back end and includes the browser type and IP address of the sender.
* Multi-language with many languages. The user guide explains how to add your own language.
Version 5 adds most of the features you have been asking for - but is still just as easy to setup:
* Configurable email templates giving complete control over email content and format.
* Built-in editor to easily edit the front-end CSS styles.
* Option to not show "Email a copy of this message to your own address"
* Option to require agreement of a statement and/or linked article before the send button is enabled.
* Option to send emails as HTML or plain text.
* Option to redirect to a link after sending a message.
In case you need help there is also a full pdf user guide.
You can configure that in General Configuration, "Email to User". It's also in the user guide, at the top of page 8.
Nevertheless I give five stars for its simplicity, flexibility and its captcha system.
I’ve worked with bigger, good components, but they may too complex for particular purposes.
If you need a simple, yet flexible form, go for this one!
However I have had to work the styling which is not flexible enough.
Also, the extra fields can be text only which is a limitation.
I wasn't able to add an file attachment for example. FlexiContact uses the Joomla mail library which supports attachments, therefore it would be useful to include this type of field.
There are many security implications when allowing public users to upload files to your site. There have to be rules, filters, and limits. It's not a quick job to add this feature securely. You expect a lot for free!
I decided to give the extension another try this week to see if it had been improved on.
What a difference!!
Everything you could want from a Contact component is now in there, and it's very easy to customise to your own needs.
1. The send button is not supposed to be enabled if checkbox / captcha images are not selected. But it is always enabled but no action if clicked. Once clicked, send button works.
2. The autofill fields are not locked. User can easily remove and replace it with something else not authorized.
3. The Send Button does not disable if checkbox / image not selected which is supposed to be per manual. No action nor message if clicked unless checkbox and image checked.
Everything in the installation seemed to go OK. But, no e-mail is sent (even I checked all the solutions that are released in the documentation).
The thing that will make me to uninstall it is that there is no even paid support, as the management team informed me.
I have to say EASY to install and EASY to use. I find it professional enough looking for almost any site and the added "click on the picture" anti spam measure is genuinely appreciated!
All in all, I would recommend you try it. You wont be disappointed!
I'd also advise purchasing the Icon Pack - very neat and a simple alternative to captcha (which personally does nothing but frustrate me..)..
Excellent, thankyou for developing this fantastic component!