- Free version displays a link to the developers site. Upon installation, users will be prompted for an optional validation code to remove the link.
Chronoforms is about 6 years old, today it comes with a huge list of features with a very easy to use drag and drop interface to help you build any type of forms you may need, some of the features included are:
1- Basic forms features like fields creation..etc
2- Emails processing.
4- Data storage and management. (Let's you create a table for your form, save data to this table then manage it later) (ChronoConnectivity provides even more management capabilities)
5- Security with built in Captcha + ReCaptcha support.
6- Different Joomla functions. (Joomla registration forms, User Login or Article submission..etc)
7- Access Control to your forms.
8- Payment Integration (Authorize.net - Paypal Pro - 2Checkout.com)
9- More utilities for common stuff needed like CURL - Email verification - Confirmation pages..etc
10- endless control using an events based system which lets you control everything inside your form if you want to, plus the ability to use PHP code wherever and whenever you need.
1- Big set of free PDF tutorials covering most of the basic features.
2- Free forums with more than 70,000 forums posts covering almost any question you may think about, We try to answer everybody's questions and comments on our forums or through private emails.
You are welcome to visit us :)
Our only (wee) complaint is that CF is designed to work only in the main content position, so CF forms can't directly be published to module positions. While CF offers a workaround to this limitation, it involves a third-party extension (Place Here) that a) isn't well supported and b) has issues of its own.*
So, ultimately, we're a bit limited in how we can use CF. But within those boundaries, it's great.
* Specifically, multiple instances of the Place Here module appear to conflict with each other. So if, for example, you want to publish different forms via PH on different areas of your site, and those areas are associated with different collapsible menu trees, ALL menu structures for ALL areas in which PH is published will open whenever you access any given page with a CF/PH instance.
OK, maybe it's a narrow problem. But it's limiting if you want to use CF to publish forms that let users interact directly from various content pages (without leaving the page). The PH limitation makes that scenario a navigational nightmare for the site user.
The component is easy to use, have a lot of options and more important I can use my custom codes and gadgets, to make my forms better and better.
Thanks this was the solution for my problem with forms.
The real test came when I wanted the forms to perform a bit more... like use CB user info to prepopulate and use a custom form with 2 submit buttons for different actions. I am no programmer, but the support on the Chronoengine forum has been great and Max & Bob are helping me do this, which makes me look great (and smart! LOL)
Good job! Awaiting v3.0 stable!
It's called Chrono Forms.
Why does a total Joomla! novice like me like using Chrono Forms?
1. It's free!
2. Very very simple to use, even for more advanced forms, copying and pasting code is a breeze.
3. Technical support is great, with the webmaster replying in 30 minutes or less.
4. Advice is clear, concise and to the point. (I.e. no for the underlying value of the if statement the embedded object code must be inserted blahh blahh blahhhhh.)
5. Supports Joomla! 1.0 up until latest release.
To the webmaster at Chrono Forms, thank you for your support. You truly are a gentleman and a scholar.
To everyone else, stop what you're doing, yes, stop watching Windows defragment your drive and head over to
[url]http://www.chronoengine.com/downloads.html#[/url] and download the Chrono Forms component.
Keep on Joomla'ing!!!
Only problem was that in Joomla 1.5, my global config server mail setting was not right and created an error so I changed it from PHP to sendmail and its great!
I am so happy!
First time I tried it I got a little overwhelmed...but once I checked the site and watched a 1 min tutorial video I understood everything immediately.
Very easy and the possibilities are endless...I'm now able to do amazing stuff on my forms.
Thank you guys, Great job!
A minor drawback for some might be that it doesn't include a editor to create the HTML, but this part can easily be done in any standalone wysiwyg HTML-editor.
Support is pretty quick and clear.
Bottom-line: this module is worth your money when you're looking for a good formtool.
Last but not least you have a very powerful and well-organised support forum on the developer's website.
My conclusion: If you feel comfortable in writing your own code, there's no better extension for data input than this extension. Try it - it's for free!
- Easy to use Interface
- lots of setting possibilities
- completely integration for e.g. login forms
- easy self designed confirmation emails
- easy Excel or CSV backup
- AND: the BEST support (in the forum of ChronoForms) i have ever seen!!
It was so easy to install and run the system! Thank you ChronoForms for being here :)
Just copy and paste from dreamweaver and voila, instant form.
Could use a module to display the form, but there is a way around that with the content item module.
Overall, I feel you can't build a site without this component!