* WYSIWYG HTML editor for composing messages
* Replying to messages (level of sub messages is configurable, e.g. replies to replies etc.)
* Avatar support (VitaBook contains it's own avatar system, but can also use avatars from Kunena, Community Builder and Gravatar)
* Embedding of images
* Uploading of images
* Embedding of youtube and vimeo videos
* Smileys (automatic replacement* by typing the widely known codes)
* Automatic url detection
* In the frontend all actions and forms use AJAX requests for the best user experience possible
* Full administration of messages from the front-end
* Admin e-mail notifications, with links for easy (un)publish/delete actions
* Import messages from Phoca Guestbook and Easybook Reloaded
* Limit the length of messages by the number of characters
* Full support of the Joomla ACL system
* CAPTCHA for non-registered users
* Guest activation email. Have guests activate their messages via an email sent to their email address
* IP addresses can be blocked
All these features can be configured from within the Joomla! back-end.
Currently supported languages are English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Lithuanian, Polish, Russian, Spanish and Swedish.
With version VitaBook 1.2.0 we've added the VitaBook Latest Messages module, which does exactly what it's name suggests; It displays the last few messages with links to your guestbook.
- Easy to set up and configure, a very clear interface in the back-end
- Possibility to reply to guestbook messages
- Appearance can be easily altered by adjusting css stylesheets etc.
I was very content with it, until the release of Joomla 3.2. Vitabook is not (yet) compatible with Joomla 3.2 and it is now impossible to leave messages from the front end. The avatar system is not accessible. Vitabook has announced this will be sorted in an update coming the first week of December, but meanwhile there is no alternative but to revert to Joomla 3.1.6. So new users had better wait for the update!
Thank you for your review. Glad to hear you like VitaBook.
You are right, we had some problems with the update to Joomla 3.2. However, last week we've rolled out our latest update (v2.2.0) which comes with many improvements and is fully compatible with Joomla 3.2.
Very configurable, with the functional method of email notification of new messages and pubblication by
activation link sent to guest.
Complete with module of the latest posts. A very good component/module for my Blog: easy installation and intuitive configuration also.
Thank you very much.
It is very necessary to add 1-3 of their field, with its value (for example, I'm using your component for reviews about the services of salon furniture and want to add the "furniture you bought") and the right to choose where to add the field in the message header or footer).
Many thanks for your component (module is not yet used).