iJoomla Surveys is a powerful Joomla survey extension that lets you easily create surveys, collect information and analyze data. It's great for business, education, research, marketing and more...
What you can do with iJoomla surveys component:
* Collect information from current customers;
* Gather data about potential customers;
* Learn about your visitors;
* Gain feedback on your site/business;
* Create exciting PR material;
* Make informed business decisions;
* Learn which features and products your users enjoy the most;
* Identify new growth areas;
* And much, much more.
* Unlimited Surveys
* Unlimited responses
* Forking (Skip Logic)
* Pop up invitation
* Export to CSV
* Email notifications
* Choice - Multiple Answers (Vertical or horizontal)
* Choice - One Answer (Vertical or horizontal)
* Open Ended - Date And/Or Time
* Open Ended - One line or more, essay, constant sum
* Matrix (One or multiple answer per row)
* SEF Adavanced
* sh404 SEF
* Core SEF
* List of surveys
* Survey results
* Pop Up invitation
Backend pages all have a link to a video tutorial, no need to read the manual, however a manual is available as well!
While the program is great for simple surveys (that shouldn't cost as much as it does), you can't:
1. Add multiple skip actions on one page
2. Open or make a question available/unavailable based on another response
3. Preview the survey (with all rules in effect) - that's right, You have to publish it and fill it in yourself while it's live to see if you have everything right...
4. There are no features to allow you to copy a question, making data entry tedious and repetitive.
5. The skip action engine is way below what I would expect from a survey engine. If Lime Survey built a Joomla component they would have this software nailed to the floor. iJoomla should look at it and learn.
Aside from all those negatives, I will concede it is ok for a normal survey, but it isn't worth the price I paid. I feel that the videos and marketing are misleading. I am by no means a computer novice, and I have grown quite accustomed (sadly) to spotting bugs with joomla components. If you want to spend a lot of money on something you could find at a quarter of the price elsewhere, then buy this. If not, save your money! I should have.
Thanks for your feedback, we take every feedback very seriously and work to improve.
However your review contains a few mistakes:
1. You can EASILY see a preview of the survey, simply click on the preview link, on the survey manager
2. You can EASILY copy both questions and whole surveys, simply choose the question or the survey and click the "duplicate" button on the top.
3. You said you found bugs, but you didn't mention any. Missing features are not bugs.
4. You said the marketing is misleading, but we never claimed iJoomla Surveys does something it doesn't. We clearly outline every single feature on the website, without trying to make it look like something it's not.
5. Price: $77. For this you get a well developed, fully tested, fully documented Joomla extension that's been around for over 5 years. Is it perfect and fits everybody's needs? Probably not. But it's well worth the price as thousands of customers can testify. Unfortunately, people tend to post a review mostly when they are unhappy with a product.
Before someone posts a review claiming it doesn't do A, B or C, it's a good idea to ask on the forum or support system to ensure that in fact, it's the correct information. We also welcome any feature suggestions like the one you mentioned here regarding forking and try to implement them on our next version.
1. In some browsers, and in some cases, the survey just will not work what ever you do.
2. Customizing the look is not good, some of the html does not have a css reference/class/id so if you can´t html/css you have a problem. Matching the look for the site, as this is a front page and made-for-users system, is really not made good.
3. Bugs in coding still exist, for example when adding new question then saving it often makes a new line for the alternatives and this shows up a list element/alternative question in the survey without any text. Just a readio box.
4. The text editor has not been working in our survey system at all, ftp access and admin access is given to iJoomla crew but there ain´t done anything. We installed the component on another joomla site we have, same issues there.
Well, I want go through all issues though. But what I will say is that this component needs better testing by competent people and a comprehensive user testing before you can take payment for it. The money back guarantee does not help customers because many things require some usage before they are discovered, but this system might be released 2-3 weeks before it should have been.
We have the iJoomla Survey and we spent a lot of money making a survey campaign, but we cannot use it and it´s just to bad. Hopefully iJoomla don´t get mad about the review, as the other one that was honest, and hopefully the information is used to improve the component to a fully working system some day.
Thanks for the honest review. First, we will look into ALL these issues and correct them for the next version. Second, I do hope you submitted a support ticket with all these specific details. It's impossible for us to find every issue on our own, no matter how many tests we do, and we do a lot of tests. We need our customers to let us know when issues occur and not after 2 months of frustrations, we have a team of programmers that are eager to fix any bugs and issues.