• Add testimonials to your website
• Display any number of testimonials
• Display testimonials through a menu item
• Module to display testimonials anywhere on your site
• Choose from most recent or random testimonials in the module
• Optional "Show More Testimonials" link on testimonials module
• Optional "Add Testimonial" link on testimonials module
• Option to moderate testimonials
• Optional captcha entry for testimonials
• Moderate testimonials in the Freestyle Support Portal admin
• Various Joomla back end parameters for testimonials page
• Various Joomla back end parameters for testimonials module
This new version has been completly rewritten to bring the features inline with that of Freestyle Support Portal. It is no longer a 'Lite' version.
Freestyle Testimonials is now also compatable with Joomla 1.6 and Joomla 1.7.
Also, the previous known security issues have also been fixed in this release.
The only reason I gave it an "average" review is that it doesn't support IE7 e.g. if you try to submit a testimonial in IE7 and hit the submit button but have forgotten to fill out any of the required fields the submit button becomes grayed out and inactive. You have to reload the page/form again and start from the beginning--you lose everything. This is also evident on their demo site.
I contacted support and they said they'd fix it in some future version. So, until then, just keep this in mind. Other than that, it works great.
1) In order to fully use this you must purchase their Freestyle Support for $29. Personally I bought the Freestyle Support because I wanted it though and it works fantastic!
2) It would be nice if there was more control over the scrolling of the module. Maybe I missed something but I cannot find where to control the scrolling speed. As it is it tends to scroll a little fast. Also I am not real fond of the "backwards" scrolling after it has reached the end. Would be beter in my opinion if it continuously scrolled through in one direction.
All in all a great piece. Thank you !
This is a wonderful (and easy!) extension to use, which collects my website's user comments about the products for sale---or anything that the customer wishes to write about the business. This will provide real, honest reviews to other potential customers who are browsing the website. What I especially like about this extension is that it can be displayed in a module on any page, to showcase a random testimonial, and the user can click on a link to see the rest of the reviews on a full page & add their own testimonial.
I love the moderation feature! There is an area in your Components where you can accept, decline, and edit the testimonials that are submitted.
Overall, this extension is wonderful! It works simple enough for anyone to understand, but it also comes with plenty capabilities for the more experienced users.
- I don't see any where in the plugin to approve/reject comments
- There's no way to delete testimonials without going through the database in the back end
- There's no easy way to create/remove fields
- There's no way to customize the text after submitting the testimonial
Other than that, it's good just to post on a site and have people leave comments without approval.
Thanks.... I'd like to see these basic features added if it's not. I apologize if I'm not seeing something, but the documentation button does not work on this page.