• Add testimonials to your website
• Display any number of testimonials
• Display testimonials through a menu item
• Module to display testimonials anywhere on your site
• Choose from most recent or random testimonials in the module
• Optional "Show More Testimonials" link on testimonials module
• Optional "Add Testimonial" link on testimonials module
• Option to moderate testimonials
• Optional captcha entry for testimonials
• Moderate testimonials in the Freestyle Support Portal admin
• Various Joomla back end parameters for testimonials page
• Various Joomla back end parameters for testimonials module
This new version has been completly rewritten to bring the features inline with that of Freestyle Support Portal. It is no longer a 'Lite' version.
Freestyle Testimonials is now also compatable with Joomla 1.6 and Joomla 1.7.
Also, the previous known security issues have also been fixed in this release.
- I don't see any where in the plugin to approve/reject comments
- There's no way to delete testimonials without going through the database in the back end
- There's no easy way to create/remove fields
- There's no way to customize the text after submitting the testimonial
Other than that, it's good just to post on a site and have people leave comments without approval.
Thanks.... I'd like to see these basic features added if it's not. I apologize if I'm not seeing something, but the documentation button does not work on this page.
In the lightbox to enter testimonials the text falls off the right side.
There is no capture.
When it refers to a "Button" - its really a text link, not a button. The appearance is very basic.
There's no uninstall. It sets itself up as a native Joomla! module, greyed out in the uninstall components list. I had to delete it from the module manager, and delete the files using ftp from 'modules' and /administrator/modules.
I know its free, but when you think about some of the offerings for free....
But, there is one disadvantage: There's no option to limit text shown in the module. For example, I have the mod in my right sidebar. Recently a client left a long testimonial and the entire thing was displayed in the sidebar. So there's this really long text in the sidebar from top to bottom. If you could control that, it would be the perfect testimonial component. I'd like to be able to show, say, only the first 30 characters of the testimonial. If you enable 3 in the sidebar, you'll have a very long block of sidebar text that just doesn't look good.
But this is my only complaint. I hope the developer will fix this... because I would quickly go back to it. Still, it's a really good extension!
Thanks for your review. Just to let you know we can certainly add in this feature to the next version as soon as possible. This will be done shortly.