- This extension has additional addons listed in an extension specific category.
- This extension requires registration to download.
* Supports avatars/photos.
* Supports audio testimonials.
* Supports video testimonials.
* Supports unlimited testimonial categories.
* Supports bbcode and emoticons.
* Show the authors name, url, location, etc.
* Includes recaptcha in the testimonial submission form to prevent spam.
* Receive email notifications when testimonials are received, with a direct link to publish/unpublish.
* Integration with several leading community components, allowing you to provide a link to a real member of your site to whom the testimonial belongs.
* Includes multiple CSS styles, easily editable so you can make your own.
* View/publish/edit/delete testimonials from the Ninjamonials administrator panel.
* Choose whether to auto-publish or moderate new testimonial submissions.
* Display testimonials in the component or one of the associated modules or plugins.
* 8 Plugin events to extend the power of the extension
* Language editor to customize the text displayed
* Redirect to a screen of your choice after submission
* Optional custom thank you message functionality
* Prompt and professional support provided on the NinjaForge forums.
> I have owned and used this product for years. As far as its ease of use and capabilities it is great.
Thank you. We're quite proud of this extension. Ninjamonials was the highest rated testimonial extension for four years... yours is the first less than 5-star review we've ever had.
> When Joomla 1.7 came out they took about 6-8 months to develop an update by that time 2.5 had came out.
Joomla 1.6 and 1.7 were essentially "beta" versions of Joomla... the correct upgrade path was 1.5 to 2.5. No Joomla website should never have been upgraded to 1.6 and 1.7, so we never aimed for a release for those versions. However, we acknowledge that there was a delay in the release of an update, and are sorry about that.
> The site said due to this delay they would offer a deal for everyone effected.
You're welcome. We were very happy to offer that deal... basically, anyone who was disappointed got the extension for free.
> They wont respond to emails, forum posts of holding up the deal they offered.
Sorry about that. We did indeed have a temporary support staffing issue, but this has been remedied.
> I normally don't write reviews but lack of support after I paid leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Lack of support? You've already said that you've used the product for years and it was great. This could not have been the case if support was lacking. Your one complaint was that you bought one thing (NinjaMonials for J1.5) and are upset that you didn't get something else (Ninjamonials for J2.5).
We should have provided this in a timely manner, but we were not obliged to, and you certainly did not pay for what you're expecting.
To people reading this, here are some positive takeaways from this:
1.) The reviewer said "I have owned and used this product for years. As far as its ease of use and capabilities it is great."
2.) There was a delay in the release of an upgrade, and to make up for it, we gave any unhappy customer free extensions on their memberships equal to how long they have been a member.
3.) We have a 60 day 100% no-questions-asked refund policy, so feel free to try Ninjamonials. You can always get your money back if you aren't satisfied, but we're confident that you will be :)
1. new option of "only registered users can submit" : guests can see the testimonials list and the submit button, but after click on this button, they will be asked to login.
2. new feature of "video testimonial by inserting embed code (free code)", this can extend the video providers to any online 3rd party video source, not only limited to Youtube.
At last, hope the authors will make a new version for Joomla 2.5 soon. Thanks.
We're glad you like NinjaMonials.
Thanks for the feedback. I especially like your second feature request.
We will not be adding new features to the Joomla 1.5 version, but will consider adding those features to the Joomla 2.5 version that we hope to release in the next 30 days.
Thanks for the review :)
The other thing I miss is being able to choose the order of the submissions. I have some testimonials I wanted to move over from an old program, and while you can change the date it shows for submission, changing the date does not change the order. You cannot choose if newest or oldest appear first, nor can you implement a custom order.
However, even without these two features, this extension still deserves 5 stars and is worth much more than the small fee they charge. Setup was easier than a breeze and only took mere moments.
Hi, yes unfortunately this was an oversight, as most people want them ordered by date submitted.
We are including sorting into the next major upgrade though.
If you are having an issue with the emoticons, please let us know on the Ninja Forge forums and we will see what we can do to help. :-)
NinjaMonials is a great tool that does a whole lot more than it claims. I wish I had gotten my membership with Ninja Forge sooner when I use components like these! It does more than what I needed and I am thrilled about it.
I recommend NinjaMonials and the NinjaForge Team as high-end Joomla tools.
The guys at Ninjaforge are excellent, their support is brilliant and this extension suits my needs perfectly. These guys are out to make their mark on the Joomla world and, as far as I'm concerned, they're doing it with style.
How does it get any better than that?