After a user adds a testimonial via the front-end form, site administrators have the option to be notified when a new submission is entered. All new submissions must be approved by site admin before displaying on the website and in the random testimonials module.
Some key features of Report Card include:
* Categorized testimonials - apply testimonials to one or multiple categories
* Display views for all testimonials or per category
* WYSIWYG editor support
* Optional Captcha Validation on front-end Submissions
* Front-end Testimonial Additions
* Custom Settings including pagination, colors, intro-text, notifications and offline setting
* Admin approval of front-end submissions
* Admin notification when testimonial submitted via front-end
* Offline/Online setting to enable or disable component and module
* Testimonial Ordering
* CSS Stylesheet editing via control panel
* Checkout system to prevent over-writing of others testimonials
* Keyword/Author and Publish/Unpublish filtering
* Random Testimonials Module included in package
NEW FEATURES FOR J2.5:
* Optional star rating system
* Optional captcha/reCaptcha spam protection plugin
* Auto approve link in approval emails (if applicable)
* Built in sh404sef support
NEW FEATURES FOR J3:
* Optional testiminial image submission
* Rebuilt with Bootstrap and JUI
The install worked straight off which is always a good sign and the cost of the component didn't break the piggy bank, which is another fantastic point.
Where do I start.... The Ratings button in Chrome and Firefox does not show as a Star rating it looks more like poached egg rating, not very clear.
I thought for a commercial component we could at least have 3-4 variations of what we would like for a rating button.
It is kind of embarrassing to be honest. On your own website you have these lovely stars for ratings but the actual unit you buy does not come with them!!
I also think you have missed a few tricks. You have added "author" when this would of looked better as First Name and Last Name" and you have also not added a website link form, so the admin person of the site must add it manually.
Also why did you add "Allow Subscriptions" When this is obviously "Add Feedback or Add Testimonial" I think it has confused people... and to me it does not make sense.
I wish I could be more positive but It has taken me two hours to load all of my client testimonials into my website, when it could of been half that time if the component worked better.
It has potential, but needs work.
Hi - thanks for the review. Just so you know, the rating system uses the system star image and can easily be changed at the template level. Regarding the 'author' and 'subscription' text - this can be changed in minutes by creating language overrides. We have support forums and we're happy to help - all you have to do is ask!
Thanks for your hard work, I am looking forward to purchasing more of your products. Your support and service also far exceeds expectations. When I have questions it takes minutes to get the answers.