Let your users be part of a group and communicate by email without having to log into your Joomla site. Any mail send to the mailing list email address is forwarded to the rest of the members of the group.
- For Group communication and newsletters
- Usable with any POP3/IMAP email account
- Recipients are managed by the admin in the backend
- Users can (un)subscribe with frontend plugin or module (optional)
- All Joomla users can be chosen as recipients, additional users can be stored
- Users can be organized in groups
- Single users or whole groups can be added as recipients of a mailing list
- Replies to mailing list posts can be forwarded to all recipients
- Mail archive for browsing the mails
- Full support of HTML emails and attachments
- Seamless installation: all plugins are included and are installed automatically
- English, German, French, Italian, Danish, Japanese and Slovenian translation included
- many more features
Designed for all...
- users that are tired of group messaging systems that require another login
- users who want to communicate with their favourite mail client
- admins that are tired of updating personal details on different systems
- admins who want to be able to use users within Joomla as recipients of a mailing list
------------ Changelog ------------
Version 0.4.0 (18.08.2013)
- Compatibility with Joomla 3.0 and 3.1
- Italian translation added
- Blocked/bounced mail view available in free edition as well
- Complete mail queue can be cleared
- GUI enhancements, performance optimizations and 5 bug fixes
Version 0.3.8 (22.02.2013)
- Personalize emails with new text variables for recipient name and email
- Add user to Mailster group when subscribing through subscriber plugin or module
- 3 more translations added (Danish, Slovenian, Japanese)
- Email attachments are stored in a configurable folder
Note that this version has limitations (e.g. max. 50 recipients per list) compared to our commercial product Mailster Professional. Find a full feature comparison list over here: http://www.brandt-oss.com/products/mailster/features
The current version is much improved compared to older versions, especially in a Mac-and-PC-Environment. The admin interface takes a little time to get used to, but once you get it, its really easy.
But the highlight is the support! Fast response time, extremely knowledgable and approachable developers!
I had an issue where it suddenly stopped working and mailed thier support. Holger got back very promply, and assisted me in a professional friendly manor. Turned out my provider was the culprit by changing the smtp port.
Thanks Guys for this awesome add on for Joomla.
At first I was disappointed. It was not usable in its current form. We were getting auto responders back to the list, there were discussion threading issues, and our clients were use to hitting "reply" to mail the person who posted and "reply to all" to reply to the list in general. This was not possible to do. But since it was a close solution we contacted the developer.
Holger was extremely helpful, very responsive and when we told him what we needed, he was able to implement changes quickly and integrate the features we needed to mimic Mailman.
We were able to get content filtering installed to prevent out of office autoresponders, the ability for the list email address to be put into cc field and today we installed the final fix which clears up the discussion threading issue. It is now working exactly how we need, is easy to set up new lists, and works like a charm.
Those who had negative things to say should take another look. It is a great product now, vastly improved over what it was just 30 days ago. Thanks to Holger for being so responsive.
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you could not get it working.
You could have, and still can, contact our support via contact form or email. That is what our "Contact a developer" webpage is all about - direct contact to the persons that know how the software works.
I am confident that we can solve your problem to your satisfaction, the other reviews certainly support this claim.
As of the uninstallation: we decided to not drop the database tables during uninstallation to avoid having users that unintentionally deleted their data during an upgrade. This is also expressed in the message that you misinterpreted as an error message.
Hint - there is a test facility in the software to check your settings. This test didn't work, but the software itself did - so don't get hung up on the test!
The developer is very friendly and helpful - 5 stars for that.
While the add-on is exactly what I was looking for and works exactly as it should, the developer support is really what shines. Holger really went above and beyond and was very patient with me fumbling through to get this working.
However, it does NOT handle HTML email very well at all, it's attempts at stripping HTML code out to present a plain text email are so bad the end results are unreadable.
In this day and age it is impossible to insure all email is in plain text.
Thanks for providing this feedback!
HTML support is definitely something that will be added in the future - you are totally right that it is essential.
Just to explain the current processing of the mails: Mailster only tries to work with the HTML when there is no plain text version included in the HTML mail (which the majority of mail clients does).
Mailster is an easy to install and easy to use extension with a very good support. What more could you ask for?
Mailster is easy to use. Setup was completed within 5 min.
Contacted the developer re a few feature requests. He replied very fast with a positive feedback: all requests are already planned for the next releases. :-)