jNews comes with the newest powerful features:
• Send mailings to one or several lists
• Enhanced jNews Module with Ajax effects and with cool display effects (Mootools Slide, Mootools Modal)
• Includes 5 default newsletter templates to make your newsletter look sharp and professional
• Newsletter templates management
• Emails queue management and resend to overcome hosting limitation
• Automatic subscription of users to one or more list upon registration
• Enhanced Statistics to see how many who receives and reads your mails
• Track subscriber's IP
• Easily import your users from other Joomla newsletter system through CSV
• Automatically synchronize with your Joomla users
• Insert and Sort contents (articles from Joomla) according to date, section, or category
• Unlimited lists
• Unlimited subscribers
• Unlimited newsletters
• Social Tags (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
jNews also integrate with many popular Joomla extensions:
• JomSocial to automatically add newly registered JomSocial users to jNews subscribers
• FlexiContent to add articles in your newsletter
• Community Builder, list of newsletter on registration form
• VirtueMart automatic subscription to list at registration
• Includes K2 content into your newsletter
• jMarket to insert Joobi Tags (Latest Products, Top Vendors and many more... )
• jCalPro enable to insert events
• And many more tags, like including product of VirtueMart in your newsletter.
It also includes classical newsletter functionality:
• Handle registered or unregistered subscribers
• Attachment capability
• Email address validation and confirmation when registering (Double Opt-in)
• Sending test email to admin before whole list
• Embedded images option
• Ability to Ban emails
• Automated unsubscribing link
• Preview newsletter before sending either on the screen or send a test email
• HTML or TEXT-only mailings
• Statistics management (Number of Sent / Opened newsletters, HTML or text only)
FREE SUPPORT through livechat, ticket system and forum during weekdays.
I have only worked with the component for a week so i don´t have much to say except that its good so far. Will update later with more information!
I got a test version of Jnews social 3 weeks ago, and I am still not able to use it, so I did not finish the purchase yet. Some issues I encountered:
1. Error when trying to upload template files.
2. My language was supposed to be included, but the language file was only partially translated.
3. The native and commercial templates were messed up. It turned out that the paths was wrong.
4. I am using usernames and not real names, but the Jomsocial tags includes real names. this was corrected on my site yesterday. Its a major privacy issue for users using usernames, but apparently the option to switch will not be included, according to support, so I will need help on this on every upgrade.
5. The tag for including Joomla modules still does not work. First they blamed the editor, changed it and declared problem solved, but its not solved at all.
6. The tags for Jomsocial is not in the language file. Problem still not solved.
About the support itself:
1. Topics closed prematurely and strange questions which seems absolutely non-relevant. For example in the case of the templates being messed up, I was given directions for switching colour codes for no apparent reason. When I asked about the relevans, I got no answer.
2. A supporter did some testing in the backend and send out a newsletter to 60 users which included a messed up template with default content and tags including users real names, so not only did the users get a strange ugly mail, some of them got their privacy violated. I complained about this, but got no excuse at all. Only comment was asking about the time for the sending.
Ever got the feeling that you payed good money for what essentially is a beta? I got that feeling about Jnews Social. Also, the support is unprofessional. They seem to prefer to ask for backend access rather that give you info on how to fix for yourself. Combined with the lacking respect for a live site, this means that personally I do not feel safe handing over backend access. So if this is the only way I can get things fixed, I am not sure if I dare to place the order, to be honest.
The installation was simple but I went in trouble with the validation process (it was my fault I registered the license for my local website) so I've been to the support page and I try the "Live support Chat" and then ... Whaou there was someone real !!! and very competant, in few minute everythings was right !
Since I use this component I'm really happy to discover new function and create newsletter in a breeze.
Really thank's !
Their support is excellent. They might not get to you right away or no the answer fast, but they stay with you through live chat support and walk you through what you are doing to make sure your issue is resolved.
We have two client websites that we have installed the JNews extension on> Very user friendly to train your client on how to do it. Great user interface. Alot of things are self explanatory, but if you get confused the live support will walk you through it step by step.
One of the things I like the most is the template is easy top make changes and adjust colors and codes to make your newsletter look the way you want it.
Easy to install and powerful to use. Good job Joobi.
I downloaded and installed both JNews and acyMailing.
JNews installed very easily and has a very nice look-n-feel to it.
I wish it came with more than one sample template.
I went to the authors website and used their Live Support. The agent that assisted me was absolutely wonderful. They explained that I needed to simply create an external link to the archive directly and was even patient enough for me to do this and test it out. This method accomplished what I needed to do PERFECTLY!!
Excellent tool and Super Excellent Support.
What I like to see in furter releases is the ability that you can send a welcome message to new subscribers and that you have at least one nice newsletter template included also in this free version.
The support is fast and willing to help. I had an issue and we solved it quickliy together. (It was a bug of another component.)
How ever after modifying it to my lay-out I tested it, there was an error which I tried to resolve myself, to no succes.
I went to look for help at www.joobi.co where I found a support live chat. Joobi really took the time to help me, guiding me trough every step all the way. Excellent support!
The product itself is great as well! It has a high level of depth.
The only little flaws I could find we're some HTML/CSS flaws, which were easily fixed!
Thank you for a great product and the great support!
Beyond that, they have a great support system; I managed to break something which was entirely my fault, and Joobi's live support checked everything through, found what I'd broken, logged in and fixed it.
Top notch support!
We have 2 sports sites and we need to reach all our teams and athlets often to communicate news and to keep in touch.
We decided to test some extention and after some test we went to Jnews, installed all steps were easy and clear, (we are italian, so sometimes some trouble to find out some meanings) and we were able to send our newsletter after few minutes.
Working on, after some days we had a little proble and we went ot the developer web site and we find a "buttom": Live Help.
In a click we were able to talk with support having the problem solved.
So what to say: extention is great workin, simple to manage and help is net the door.
Last the free version i sgreat and the developer policy is to help everyone not depending if is a paying costumer or not.
One thing would even better than it is now. Today I can set for every Module an URL redirect after pressing the submit button. But for all JNews modules I can create the email to the subscriber is the same. It would be great to have the ability to send differend emails depending to what newsletter a Person has subscibed.