jNews introduces you to the next generation of email marketing. A powerful newsletter component for Joomla, jNews gives you quality outputs with the newest professional and cool features making sure that your communications yields the best results that you really wanted. From the makers of your best-loved email marketing app, Acajoom, jNews is still designed with ease of use and robustness in mind but with more powerful features to make your experience worthwhile.
jNews comes with the newest powerful features:
• Send mailings to one or several lists
• Enhanced jNews Module with Ajax effects and with cool display effects (Mootools Slide, Mootools Modal)
• Includes 5 default newsletter templates to make your newsletter look sharp and professional
• Newsletter templates management
• Emails queue management and resend to overcome hosting limitation
• Automatic subscription of users to one or more list upon registration
• Enhanced Statistics to see how many who receives and reads your mails
• Track subscriber's IP
• Easily import your users from other Joomla newsletter system through CSV
• Automatically synchronize with your Joomla users
• Insert and Sort contents (articles from Joomla) according to date, section, or category
• Unlimited lists
• Unlimited subscribers
• Unlimited newsletters
• Social Tags (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
jNews also integrate with many popular Joomla extensions:
• JomSocial to automatically add newly registered JomSocial users to jNews subscribers
• FlexiContent to add articles in your newsletter
• Community Builder, list of newsletter on registration form
• VirtueMart automatic subscription to list at registration
• Includes K2 content into your newsletter
• jMarket to insert Joobi Tags (Latest Products, Top Vendors and many more... )
• jCalPro enable to insert events
• And many more tags, like including product of VirtueMart in your newsletter.
It also includes classical newsletter functionality:
• Handle registered or unregistered subscribers
• Attachment capability
• Email address validation and confirmation when registering (Double Opt-in)
• Sending test email to admin before whole list
• Embedded images option
• Ability to Ban emails
• Automated unsubscribing link
• Preview newsletter before sending either on the screen or send a test email
• HTML or TEXT-only mailings
• Statistics management (Number of Sent / Opened newsletters, HTML or text only)
FREE SUPPORT through livechat, ticket system and forum during weekdays
The extension is versatile enough to cover complex needs, various kinds of newsletters, etc. but also simple enough not to drive to crazy. Recommended.
Only suggestion is there needs to be more options for resizing the module.
I have been testing different newsletter products before choosing which to buy - tried both acajoom and the newer jnewsletter
It works perfectly - client understands how to use it
it syncs great with jomsocial, and so far its teh only one that fit all my requirements perfectly
I was running into a small warning error regarding headers already sent between jomsocial and jnews
Tried searching on the support page
First thing i noticed
LIVE CHAT SUPPORT --- online
cant remember last time i was at any site webdesign or otherwise related that said it was online
Immediately an answer
Immediately proper responses and NOT CANNED responses
not in a hurry to get rid of me either
helped me out
immediately emailed me a latest version to try out instead
THIS WAS FOR THE FREEEEEEEEE Version
i havent given them a penny
and even though i've said a nice bye and thank you. their live chat is still open in a tab in my browser, and i hear it pinging away - so in the time its taken me to write this, i STILL have their live support chatting to me
What with a great great product - and such AMAZING support - i am without doubt definately going to become one of their happy customers
try it out - wont regret it guys
This product might not have as many downloads yet as AcaJoom or reviews etc
Thats because its from the same guys - it's like a newer component of theirs, they still run / support acajoom, but made a new product with much more features etc.... looks great works great - and oh wow the support!!
i am not affiliated to them in any way
no i am not on drugs - they really have impressed me that much... last time a company impressed me with such great support for free was from the large company Creative, (who anyone whose used them would know how good they are) and that was nine years ago.......
Just be patient with this new and exciting component
I recently had two clients who's email list grew from 600 to over 2000 quickly. My server would only allow 750 emails to be sent at once to protect from spammers.... I needed a solution that could overcome this....and quick so I could get the monthly newsletters out!!
This is the only component I could find that would achieve this....and a whole lot more..... such as the ability to see who has opened the sent newsletters
Although I did encounter some of the bugs mentioned below the support team were super quick to resolve them..and very polite and helpful too!
This is definitely the most promising Newsletter component I have used in my 5 years of joomla/mambo
Plus that the support team is doing a superb job and they are very very kind and helpful.
Thank you again for such a wonderful product, and keep up the good work.
Again I am new to this so I am guessing that I have done something wrong but the fact that I have only downloaded there free version I am very impressed with their commitment to your service.
If I like what I see i will be crossing their plams with silver to upgrade soley based on their service right now.
I will drop another post once it is up and running
Highly recommended !
As another user, who posted here, it's been the worst extension I've ever used - and I've used MANY.
I've worked with the developer extensively and support is very slow and poor. A very popular answer is "Our developers are now aware of this bug and it will be fixed in a future release". Meanwhile, you're left with a buggy extension until who knows when and when they release a new version, you lose a lot of your customization. You will waste yet more time re-configuring your modules/components.
As stated before by others, this extension was released prematurely and without proper testing.
Perhaps this extension works if you use very little of its functionality. All I can say is that i've tried to use some of its "features" and it's been nothing but headaches and wasted time.
I hope this review will helps someone else.
The support has been spotty as well, if you happen to catch a developer you can get some real help, but the agents on their "Legendary 27/7 support" chat are generally not knowledgable enough to solve problems beyond sending you an upgraded version. And the really frustrating part is that they are trying to handle so many simultaneous customer support sessions that it is common to wait 5 minutes for a response between messages.
Finally, we have had to throw up our hands after the last two 3-hour sessions with them as they pushed paid upgrades that didn't solve problems (just a lot of new bugs), expressed surprise with error messages, found features and functions that didn't work, and were generally unhelpful.