- This extension inserts a backlink to the developer.
jNews comes with the newest powerful features:
• Send mailings to one or several lists
• Enhanced jNews Module with Ajax effects and with cool display effects (Mootools Slide, Mootools Modal)
• Includes 5 default newsletter templates to make your newsletter look sharp and professional
• Newsletter templates management
• Emails queue management and resend to overcome hosting limitation
• Automatic subscription of users to one or more list upon registration
• Enhanced Statistics to see how many who receives and reads your mails
• Track subscriber's IP
• Easily import your users from other Joomla newsletter system through CSV
• Automatically synchronize with your Joomla users
• Insert and Sort contents (articles from Joomla) according to date, section, or category
• Unlimited lists
• Unlimited subscribers
• Unlimited newsletters
• Social Tags (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
jNews also integrate with many popular Joomla extensions:
• JomSocial to automatically add newly registered JomSocial users to jNews subscribers
• FlexiContent to add articles in your newsletter
• Community Builder, list of newsletter on registration form
• VirtueMart automatic subscription to list at registration
• Includes K2 content into your newsletter
• jMarket to insert Joobi Tags (Latest Products, Top Vendors and many more... )
• jCalPro enable to insert events
• And many more tags, like including product of VirtueMart in your newsletter.
It also includes classical newsletter functionality:
• Handle registered or unregistered subscribers
• Attachment capability
• Email address validation and confirmation when registering (Double Opt-in)
• Sending test email to admin before whole list
• Embedded images option
• Ability to Ban emails
• Automated unsubscribing link
• Preview newsletter before sending either on the screen or send a test email
• HTML or TEXT-only mailings
• Statistics management (Number of Sent / Opened newsletters, HTML or text only)
FREE SUPPORT through livechat, ticket system and forum during weekdays.
The component is not without its quirks and issues, and we've had to do some finagling with the front-end and the queue in particular. The installation process can also be a little cumbersome (HINT: confirm director permissions and turn off the FTP layer only during install and things will go more smoothly).
However, my reason for giving this component an "Excellent" rating includes the fantastic support we've received over the years from the Joobi team. Their online support responds quickly and is knowledgeable about the product. In the ticketing system, the techs provide detailed responses.
I have not found a more complete newsletter component.
jNews Pro was even worse experience than I thought. Too many bugs and errors and their latest update still have bugs. It was good when there was no other e-mail components, but since few others available on the market, this has lost its name.
The support is really bad since a user always speaks to some representatives, and never allow you to speak directly to the developer. And if the bug is found, it takes a long time to be fixed (if you get lucky).
Overall, this is a bad one and I recommend not to go with it and try something else.
For my recent install I decided to jump ship to JNews. I had a few issues with the configuration to start with but the support was second to none and all of my issues are now fixed.
I am very very happy with the ijoobi products and will continue to use for years to come.
Fantastic support - thank you!!!
I'm an old user of Acajoom Pro and even if it was not perfect, it was working Ok.
After three years without any new feature (only bug fixes!), ijoobi released jNews with a real multiple lists and template management.
I decided to move from Acajoom to jNews (for free, thanks for that) and realized that it was not a new version at all.
I'm an experimented php developer so I had a look at the code and discovered that jNews is just a bad copy of Acajoom with some additional features.
The structure is the same, the code is as bad as it used to be and of course, the additional features are buggy.
Why did you change your component name if it's just Acajoom v2?
I just lost a server and thousands of clients just because jNews decided to resend all my old Newsletters, thank you so much ijoobi.
Like everybody, I contacted the live support and got some nice answers such as "it will be fixed for the next release", "please accept all our apologies".
So yes, they do have a live chat and it's very useful if you feel lonely but don't expect them to solve real problems.
I didn't want to write this message on the JED but yesterday I discovered I was not the only one having many issues with jNews and the ijoobi ticket system is full of complaints whereas their listing on the JED is just full of compliments.
I'm done with ijoobi. I might come back to take some templates but I now rely on your competitor for the Newsletter part.
Have to agree with the previous review, the live support here is awesome, fast, friendly, and professional. I can easily recommend these guys!
I know that all developers do not approach every component in the same way, however; having been a Joomla developer for over three years, I have to admit that this product is worth the investment!
It is easy to use once you spend a little time with it and overall jNews works the way I would think a newsletter component should.
For those of you out there that are using the 4.0.2 version, you need to update to the 4.1.2 to see the real potential of this component.
Need to save $'s in a tight economy? Well, think about it: You can pay through the nose for services like Constant Contact, or Mad Mimi, or you can use a very flexible component like jNews.
Besides, your email list should stay within the confines of your own site.
Lastly, iJoobi's support is un-paralleled by the current standards of third party plugins and components I have experienced.
I would recommend this product to any serious web developer or webmaster.
Thanks iJoobi! Keep up the great work!
I would like to point out the excellent support of Joobi via its Live Online Support (Live Chat in Support menu). Very good Improvements !
Their support is simply great.
Drawback: I had to hack the code and reported some bugs together with their solution. This version 3.2.2. Several releases came out since (4.1.3 for now) and it's hopefully more stable.
If this wasn't already great, they offered to actually go into my Admin backend to troubleshoot and fix the issues I was having. Their developer Evelyn also did the fixes personally on my site. This is rare indeed.
The bottom line is if you are looking for a top featured mailing and newsletter component, look no further than JNews. You will not be dissapointed!
after moving the site to another hostingprovider send mailing didn't work anymore. With the help and patience of support we finally solved the issue.