- This extension inserts a backlink to the developer.
jNews comes with the newest powerful features:
• Send mailings to one or several lists
• Enhanced jNews Module with Ajax effects and with cool display effects (Mootools Slide, Mootools Modal)
• Includes 5 default newsletter templates to make your newsletter look sharp and professional
• Newsletter templates management
• Emails queue management and resend to overcome hosting limitation
• Automatic subscription of users to one or more list upon registration
• Enhanced Statistics to see how many who receives and reads your mails
• Track subscriber's IP
• Easily import your users from other Joomla newsletter system through CSV
• Automatically synchronize with your Joomla users
• Insert and Sort contents (articles from Joomla) according to date, section, or category
• Unlimited lists
• Unlimited subscribers
• Unlimited newsletters
• Social Tags (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
jNews also integrate with many popular Joomla extensions:
• JomSocial to automatically add newly registered JomSocial users to jNews subscribers
• FlexiContent to add articles in your newsletter
• Community Builder, list of newsletter on registration form
• VirtueMart automatic subscription to list at registration
• Includes K2 content into your newsletter
• jMarket to insert Joobi Tags (Latest Products, Top Vendors and many more... )
• jCalPro enable to insert events
• And many more tags, like including product of VirtueMart in your newsletter.
It also includes classical newsletter functionality:
• Handle registered or unregistered subscribers
• Attachment capability
• Email address validation and confirmation when registering (Double Opt-in)
• Sending test email to admin before whole list
• Embedded images option
• Ability to Ban emails
• Automated unsubscribing link
• Preview newsletter before sending either on the screen or send a test email
• HTML or TEXT-only mailings
• Statistics management (Number of Sent / Opened newsletters, HTML or text only)
FREE SUPPORT through livechat, ticket system and forum during weekdays.
The sending process is too slow, the server load is incredible high, and it stop sending at the middle of the task.
The support is not good to, they didn't answer my tickets, so i recommend another solution, there are a few less exepensive and far better than this like AcyMailing or some like that
Well, sorry to say, it still isn’t anything you’d want to load into your production environment. While it’s a little better so far, as it’s by not sending e-mails across your entire user base for no reason, and causing your site to be shut-down from the high number of SQL queries.
Here are the problems I’ve had so far …
1. HTML Code still overwrites anything you place within that space
2. Installation is not compatible with Community Builder
3. Installation conflicts with existing version of Acajoom
4. User’s of CB Get Error Messages at Registration
5. User’s of CB Get Error Messages at Subscription
Specific Error Messages:
Warning: [function.include-once]: failed to open stream
Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening on line 39
I hold a lot of hope for this software, and keep waiting to implement this solution, but it’s still not ready for prime time, and may show a development team that only uses internal testing, vs. beta testing with partners and really developing a stable version before release.
BOTTOM LINE: Keep using what you have going (Acajoom for me) and check back t see when things are stable.
I suggest you keep the newsletter simple. I have struggled with formatting a newsletter that looks OK from one browser to the next. I believe that is primarily due to the lack of standards among all the competing browsers.
We tried both JNews and Jnews Pro... And we'll have to say that they didn't even test the recent upgrade before release.
Here's what we observed:
- HTML Content over writes any TEXT content -- Support verified
- Sends messages to your entire message base for no reason.
- Test Message created with one subscriber in list still sent message to 1,000 users
- Two tests that were unpublished sent messages two days later
- Our hosting company advises "jnews" still running across db
- even after we deleted the software.
Bottom Line: As a Acajoom user, Stay on your current version and don't even install this bug ridden software!
We moved from Acajoom PRO to jNews Pro and experienced no problems. All data from Acajoom were imported without any problems.
Minor bugs: some language variables are still missing and translation (in german) is incomplete. (Nothing that couldn't easily be fixed)
Altogether it looks fresh and clean and seems to be working well. Support is quick.
This is FULL OF BUGS! Upgrade is miserable, it lists only 70% of my subscribers (I can see them in the MySQL, but the software not listing them in Joomla backend.) Constant MySQL errors. Sometimes I can see the only first time step by step wizard ("Firts make a List...") Have language problems too (mising the translation, and shows only the code like _ACA_NEWS_BLABLA). Tried to make a test mail, but the inserted article codes are not saved, nor transformed to article leads. It creates jos_ tables, although I use different prefix. And all these bugs for what? As far as I can see there are no new features. Yes, it's native, and it have some improvements (maybe, I could not test it) but as a full product it really does not worth even the try! untill you fix those pre-beta bugs. I mean this is not even beta, when it creates bad mysql tables. I am seariously planning to change to vermod newsmailer, although it can not send individual mails, thats why I still force myself to use Acajoom News. Brrrr.