jNews comes with the newest powerful features:
• Send mailings to one or several lists
• Enhanced jNews Module with Ajax effects and with cool display effects (Mootools Slide, Mootools Modal)
• Includes 5 default newsletter templates to make your newsletter look sharp and professional
• Newsletter templates management
• Emails queue management and resend to overcome hosting limitation
• Automatic subscription of users to one or more list upon registration
• Enhanced Statistics to see how many who receives and reads your mails
• Track subscriber's IP
• Easily import your users from other Joomla newsletter system through CSV
• Automatically synchronize with your Joomla users
• Insert and Sort contents (articles from Joomla) according to date, section, or category
• Unlimited lists
• Unlimited subscribers
• Unlimited newsletters
• Social Tags (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
jNews also integrate with many popular Joomla extensions:
• JomSocial to automatically add newly registered JomSocial users to jNews subscribers
• FlexiContent to add articles in your newsletter
• Community Builder, list of newsletter on registration form
• VirtueMart automatic subscription to list at registration
• Includes K2 content into your newsletter
• jMarket to insert Joobi Tags (Latest Products, Top Vendors and many more... )
• jCalPro enable to insert events
• And many more tags, like including product of VirtueMart in your newsletter.
It also includes classical newsletter functionality:
• Handle registered or unregistered subscribers
• Attachment capability
• Email address validation and confirmation when registering (Double Opt-in)
• Sending test email to admin before whole list
• Embedded images option
• Ability to Ban emails
• Automated unsubscribing link
• Preview newsletter before sending either on the screen or send a test email
• HTML or TEXT-only mailings
• Statistics management (Number of Sent / Opened newsletters, HTML or text only)
FREE SUPPORT through livechat, ticket system and forum during weekdays.
I contacted technical support to solve my problems and they help me the fast way. I don't knew that translating some parts of the module would be so easy.
The module does what it suppose to do, and do it like a champ... Right now my boss is a happy man thanks to me (and the technical support team of joobi, of course). Thanks guys!
By the way, my specific client loved the module and are very happy. And the best: it has virtue-mart integration :) so... newsletters with a link to the cart - very good business orientation
Further more I tried to installed it a second time, I dont want anyone to say I didnt give it a second try. But as anyone can imagine, just by deleteing some folders it doesnt mean it is clean in the admin section. So as soon as the extension was installed the site went down again. I tried to take every single plugin in an unplublished state to see where the problem exactly was. I had no luck until today. For me this extension was a good lesson of being careful with every little bits and piece that suppose to help you make your site more interesting and richer in content. I think I will start from now on a second replicated site and do my testing all there. It takes more time but can save you some tears one day. My joomla version for the records is 1.6.4 with no language mods or anything that could mess up the extensions with eachother.
I really do not know what went wrong and I do not feel like wanting to loose more time on it.
My apology for the trouble that caused in your website. I would like to remind users to read the instructions properly in our download page. It is clearly stated that "ALL our plugins and modules are ALREADY included in each package and are automatically installed for the convenience of the user. If any reason you want to re-install a plugin or module, you may download it in the download page".
Regarding the module notification we made that for the convenience of the user, since for the module is necessary for subscription.
Some of those plugins are for Commercial versions and you had a free version that is why it created some issues.
We appreciate the feedback and are going to make sure you can't install module or plugins which are not suitable for the used components.
You are most welcome to contact our 24 hours support during weekdays so that we can attend to your issue IMMEDIATELY.
jNews Support team
*For the record, I am merely a happy customer and have no other interest in ijoobi, financial or otherwise.
I also had some issues installing and importing my client's newsletters and lists from Acajoom.
I have been using Joomla extensions for 5 yrs and have sometimes waited days and even months for support but the online support team at Joobi were instantly and always available when I needed assistance. They helped me not only configure my newsletter settings correctly but helped me understand how it worked. I am so impressed with the way Jnews works and I can't wait to offer it to more of my clients.
And it does too in fact.
The only default i found out is that you can't wrtie a newletter without choose a template, neither a blank template. You always must choose a pre-install template.
The the whole other part of the extension is clearly excellent and easy to use. Even the statisitics informations are quietly good !
And by the way, it works perfectly with last joomla 1.5.23 !