JINC includes these newsletter functionalities
* Basic Management - Creation and editing of unlimited number of newsletters.
* Profiling - Access restriction to a newsletter to guests, users or groups of users.
* Auto-subscription - Automatic newsletter subscription after Joomla! user registration.
* Welcome Message and Disclaimer - Welcome message after newsletter subscription and disclaimer automatically added to every newsletter message.
* Themes management - Several frontend themes available to show a newsletter in Joomla! frontend
* Template management - Definition of message templates to avoid copy and paste at every message creation.
* Content type management - Possibility to choose between plain text and HTML messages.
* Massime or personalized mails - One mail per subscriber or mails with a lot subscribers in Blind Carbon Copy.
* Multi Attachment - One or more attachments for messages.
* TAG substitution - Subscribers and newsletters info TAGs substituted while sending process.
* Start/Stop functionalities - Possibility to start the message sending process, pause it and re-start later
* E-mail confirmation - Mail confirmation during subscription and unsubscription by opt-in messages.
* Massive import - Import subscriber lists from CSV files.
* Groups management - Creation of groups of potential subscribers for private newsletters.
* Joomla! Contact Integration - Possibility to retrieve subscribers information from Joomla! contacts
* Addictional attributes - Administrator definible mandatory or optional attributes to subscribe a newsletter
* Captcha confirmation - Activable captcha for newsletter subscription
* Event based statistics - Statistics registered based on events (subscription, unsubscription, message sent).
* Time based statitics - Statistics showed by time line.
* Statistics charts - Trend of events time based showed in a chart.
* Frontend translations - Frontend translated in english, italian, french, spanish, german and dutch
* Backend translations - Backend translated in english and italian
I like how you can add attributes easily, but the field labels are always uppercase. Plus the attribute information is not included in the email to the admin when a user confirms their subscription. Nor is it visible in the backend.
I would also like to have the option of choosing who receives the emails. Not just being restricted to the super user.
Maybe not so many features and options, but I'm confident that the new releases will cover the space.
The level of support is excellent !!!!
It was really fast to download, installed without problems and easy to use.
In just a few words .... PIECE OF EXCELLENCE !!!
Not easy to find a good Newsletter Component for 1.6 in this early state, but this one is it! Thanks!
I only submit reviews for extensions that deserve it (good or bad) and you definitely deserve a good review!
JINC has no particular installation documentation because the installation can be done simply using Joomla! components installation tool that will install automatically the component and related modules and plugins.
By the way, if you had any problem in installation process you can write to me (email@example.com) or to JINC forum and I'll be happy to try to solve any problem.
I hope to hear you by mail or by forum ...
Best regards, Lhacky.
Everything is so easy and self-explanatory. There are help captions over mostly all of the fields and menus to help even the most novice of users. This is definitely one project I will be donating to.
The UI is usable but very spartan.
Installing could be easier. Now you have to extract the component and the module from the zip and install them separately. It could be done in one step.
The programming is very poor. There is a ton of uninitialized variables and even some bad references.
But since this is only 0.4 yet, it could be better later.