- This extension requires registration to download.
DATA GRID Component built on the popular EXTJS Framework. Features spreadsheet like DATA GRIDS to DISPLAY and EDIT tabulated data including Images for Joomla Websites in a TAB PANEL Layout. The free version allows the Administrator to add and edit data in the front end grids. The club(commericial version) includes a complete user ACCESS CONTROL system to control what individual "USERS" or "ROLES" (groups) can do to specific grids, sheets in grids, or columns. The free version has no cost ever and provides full access to our regular updates. The Club Commercial Version has yearly or unlimited lisences) Full Joomla backend capability to create custom datagrids with text, number, date, boolean and list box columns.
A. Data Grid Frontend Features:
------ Spreadsheet like user interface for viewing tabulated data. See our SCROLLABLE TAB PANEL User interface
------ Edit Row Data (Admin only in Free Version)
------ Sorting by Row
------ Grouping Rows
------ Row Color Change based on user selection
------ Paging Rows from Server
------ Filtering from Server
------ Access Controlled data editing (Club Version)
------ Column re-ordering and Hiding
------ Custom Popup Tips for Each of your columns to describe data
------ Ability to Create, Rename, Delete new Sheets. A "Sheet" is similar to an excel sheet.Grids can have multiple sheets(A good way to provide user specific data).
B. Data Grid Backend Features
------ Create Grids selecting various styles including columns, striped rows, row numbering, grid framing, etc.
------ Create Custom Columns
------ Manage Various Grid display Settings
C. Grid ACCESS CONTROL (club Version) - A complete user access control system to control what individual "users" or group "roles" can do to specific grids, sheets in grids, or columns.
o Control access by:
o Progressive Access Assignments:
------ No Access
------ Viewer / Download Images
------ Cell Editor
------ Row Editor
------ Add/Delete Rows
------ Sheet Manager,
------ Access Manager
o Full control from administrator backend, limited control for "Access Managers" in front end for specified Sheets
o Create Roles for Access Management or Manage Access by individual User
D. LANGUAGE SUPPORT - Designed to Support Joomla Language Packs (English Provided - Language Files available for easily translation to your local language for both front end and backend)
E. FREE & CLUB MEMBERSHIPS - Joomla component (Public) and a module (DATACLUB Members only) are provided to allow full integration into your Joomla Website. Club Membership also allows Access Control Configurations
Looking forward to integration with the Joomla database which I understand is in the pipeline.
Very well done!
First, thanks for taking your time to look in detail at JGrid.
Reading your post you have 3 primary issues:
1. RE-ordering Columns - I found a bug in the code on re-ordering and fixed, thanks for bringing it to my attention.
2. Uploading data via a CSV file - JGrid was developed to allow the administrator or club users to add data directly into the grids. CSV came later. For example a kids swim league in Germany has each swimmer update their times after each meet. I will add some more error messages on CSV uploads in the 4.0 version, but this is a feature for the most advanced user.
3. Query performance on large data sets - Actually JGrid is user on some very large real estate sites with 10,000+ rows of data with response rates of a few seconds. That said I would have liked to work with you and debug your site, could be an index issue on your site or a bug I injected with a release. Or could be you did not set the remote query option properly to just query a page of data at a time vs the whole database.. In the version 4.0 I am going to allow direct querying of any Joomla or Mysql table in the database or an SQL join you write, so the performance will not be driven by my indexes but rather native perfromance of you site.
Please review 4.0 in a few months when it launches.
But I would like to get the possibility to read and to edit any tables/cells of tables, which are generated from OTHER extensions(form-editors).
Is it possible to bring out an advanced piece of grid-comp, what can show, print, export end edit perhaps until 50 columns and until 1000 rows (generated from other extensions), where the (big!) table uses dynamically the withd of monitor?
Kind regards, Kallle
We are planning to allow an sql statement to be created against all the joomla tables and bring back into a JGRID grid sheet and combined with JGRID native data columns. You then can filter, sort, print, download etc.
We are not going to allow editing of Joomla table data that is not native to JGRID to prevent messing up other components referential integrity. This release is planned for the summer or fall.
Hope you can make use of JGrid.
We were able to write a mySQL query that took the sum of the jgrid_columndata/string_data and are working on new mysql tables to get more outputs from the collected data.
We are having a blast and enjoy how well put together jgrid is. It's easy to understand from the front end and back.
The customer support is very friendly and the community suggestions can only make jgrid better.
1. JGrid installs without any problems
2. JGrid is useful for datatable needs where the storage details are not of interest.
3. JGrid offers a free limited-functionality release.
1. JGrid stores all of its data in 20 internal database tables (e.g., jos_jgrid_columndata) in your existing Joomla schema. These tables, unfortunately, have a proprietary (unpublished) organization that is not useable by any back-end process that might need to read, write, or update that data. Database Normalization (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Database_normalization) has not been performed on the database. For example, column headings are duplicated for each row.
2. Because of the database proprietary organization, performance, backup, and reuse issues will be present because the schema is not separable from the Joomla website.
3. JGrid is based on ExtJS. This is problematic because of ExtJS's licensing (http://www.sencha.com/products/extjs/license) and their pricing (http://www.sencha.com/store/extjs).
4. JGrid requires that you install separate modules for each datatable you want to publish. They provide a pre-made pack of 12 modules that you can install. But, this is very inconvenient and makes data management difficult.
5. No export/import capabilities (either manual or real-time) are available.
The reviewer is a very sophisticated software developer looking for a module to build a sophisticated application that can join various Joomla database tables with SQL and MyPHPAdmin capabilities from the front end on Joomla. We are considering creating this kind of capability in a future product using JGrid as a great way to display data, but with much of the functionality described in the review.
However on mistake in review JGrid does provide import and export of data to the grids via .CSV files like any other application
More importantly to most of you, JGrid is made to allow a normal Joomla user to quickly create and display table data grids in Joomla and allow multiple users to edit and view that data with a very capable user access control system. The free version allows all functionality but multiple user access control and editing which is provided in the Club Version.
JGrid keeps all of the data in just a few tables which are designed for performance and does not fill and clutter your database as recommended by the reviewer with new tables every time you create a new grid.
The EXTJS framework is free as well and comes licensed with the JGRID Component under the same GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE as JGrid. This is no issue to you and in fact EXTJS is one of if not the best most functional professional framework to display your tabulated data and is used in the many commercial web sites like CNN, Amazon, Yahoo, Visa and many others see: http://www.sencha.com/company/customers/
If you just want to load the component, create a few grids with easy to create columns and start displaying your real estate properties, club team results, member lists, group managed issue lists, or any other kind of tabulated data, JGrid is the best option now and in the future as we continue to add capability.