It contains several plugins to work with tables, images and photo, data presentation, translation, charts and pies, menu and bookmarking. Each of effects is displayed on the page using simple plugin tag. Support several database types to get data from and display in appropriate format.
Simple how-to with demos: http://data.artetics.com/index.php?option=com_content&id=32
* 34 plugins that come as a single package to work with and show:
- tables - sortable tables with paging, resizing and filtering support, ability to retrieve data from various databases and show in a configurable grids
- charts and graphs - several line, bar, pie, tristate, discrete, bullet, box charts, 3D graphs
- images - image slideshow, image lightbox and popup, image zoom, image reflection, Flickr support, etc.
- translation - tools to translate part of the page of full page
- data presentation - flip, notifications, items arrange
- many others - clock, iframe, bookmark, context menu, Google maps, query database, embed file, etc.
* More information and demo: http://data.artetics.com
Art Flexigrid - Feature rich data grid
Art SQL Table - Easy way to display database content in the table. Can connect to various types of databases
Art CSV 2 Table - Plugin to generate tables and charts from CSV file
Art Data Table - Easy accessible data in tabular view
Art Table Sorter - Sortable table
Art Table 2 Tree - Tree table
Art Moo Table - Sortable table
Charts and graphs:
Art Visualize - Easy way to visualize data
Art Sparkline - Small highly customizable inline charts
Art 3D Graph - 3D Graph
Art Table 2 Pie - Easy Pies
Art Bar - Nice bar
Images, galleries, popups:
Art Image Slider - Fancy image slider
Art Magnify - Easy image zoom
Art Reflection - Easy image reflection
Art Fullsize - Image popup
Art Colorbox - lightbox extension that can display photos, photo groups, slideshow, external pages, Flickr photos in highly customizable popup window
Art Draggable - large draggable images
Art Quick Flip - Flipping content
Art Moo Data - Data presentation
Art Notification - Customizable notifications
Art Text Translate - Tool to translate any text on the page in popup
Art Translate - Translate any page content
Art Translate Page - Page translation
Art Clock - Customizable Clock
Art IFrame - embed external pages
Art Bookmark - Bookmarking functionality
Art Context menu - Customizable context menu
I'm using the event calendar and table displays. The ArtSQLTable feature made it very easy for me to create a tablular display from my own database table to satisfy an off the wall customer request.
Excellent and very quick response to a couple of questions. Helpful forum.
Download and installation are easy, and once I got started, I was able to create an article containing half a dozen fields / tables in less than an hour.
One caveat: I don't agree with the statement on the Artetics website "You don't need programming knowledge to use this extension". This extension does not have a full graphical interface in which I can select parameters in a dropdown or have input forms, it is "just" a powerful collection of various commands that can be embedded into articles. If you want to use this to access data in a database, you need to be familiar with SQL and know how to create your queries. Otherwise, you need to be comfortable reading "code" and substituting variables to create the desired output.
- Easy to handle and to show "something" on your screen.
- Excellent forum support; I got answers within about 5 minutes of posting, and a solution to my problem within an hour.
CONs (which is why I only give 4 stars rather than 5)
- Installation didn't work out of the box. I only got code displayed on my screen, rather than the desired output. Artetics re-sent the installation file within an hour, problem fixed.
- Documentation is very rudimentary
- Need to copy / paste code into my article, even the ARTdata button plugin only shows the code, but doesn't insert it into the article
I have purchased only a handful of software applications which pay for themselves in a very short period of time, this is definitely one of them.
Documentation is not too clear and not quite extensive enough but make no mistake about the level and quality of service from the vendor. Support is both RAPID and EXCELLENT.
All in all, I'm haapy with the package and would recommend it to anyone who needs a plugin 'toolbox' to help them develop their Joomla site. It was a LOT more difficult without it! ;)
Never got such prompt reactions on questions (today even literally within seconds).
This alone is worth every dollar spent on this product ;)
Art Data - seems to hold the key.
I purchased this component because of the demo / examples.
After installing it I was quickly stumped. Reluctantly I sent off an email support question and in under 5 minutes I had the answer.
Their support is superb. They are working on more extensive documentation. Based on their examples, I have found a new must-have-tool.
Thank you folks at artetics
I really was having problems and must have sent 2 dozen emails, they kept at it with me until it was working just like I wanted.
Good value and great service. I haven't tried all the plugins yet, but the sortable table is very cool. With a little customization it was very much what I set out to find initially.
You can get those 20 bucks within some hours with your work as a webdesigner back..
Its very very handy, as you can simply get your sql data.. it boosted my joomla pages to a brand new level!
i would buy again and support is just great!
i got a problem with installing, 5 mins i got answer and a perfect solution.
never want to miss artdata!
Im definatly returning customer!
Each one we have worked with so far has been dead simple to install on the site.
When we did hit a snag, the support team immediately responded to our email and fix the issue within minutes. Yes, minutes!
Keep up the great work.
This was the best purchase I made all year