Version 1.0 is tested and verified on Joomla 2.5! (2012-01-14)
Use download for version 1.6/1.7!
It can also be used to list any directory with files beside an article.
Imagine you have a F.A.Q. and some PDF files that goes with it, then have your F.A.Q. article and add Simple File Lister as a module on that page and provide the directory for the directory with PDF's and Simple File Lister will automatically provide a list of URL's for each PDF.
Another use is to use it for a user so that they can keep track, and use, the files they have uploaded through Simple File Upload.
I have now worked a bit on the design and changed from using a UL/LI list which seemed to cause problems on several templates to instead use DIV's for the list.
Added the possibility to add icons and thumbnails.
Also added support to list directories.
- Joomla 1.6 now also supported as parallel package.
- Swedish added to languages.
- Added support for Ajax when stepping through directory list, i.e. the whole page don't need reloading if using Next/Previous buttons.
- Added jQuery conflict support between "Simple File Upload" and "Simple File Lister" (Technical: $app->set('jquery', 'true'))
- Added functionality to browse sub-directories.
- Added setting for allowing browse of sub-directories.
- Added breadcrumb when browsing through sub-directories.
- Added support for sorting files by name.
- Added setting for "user sort" and "default" sort order.
- Added Module Class Suffix property.
- Bug fix, relative paths, like "./../tmp/" was not showing the correct links.
- Bug fix, paths gone wrong if using a sub-domain like "http://sub.domain.com" instead of "http://domain.com/sub". Server base path must be set under advanced parameters!
EDIT 2011-05-22: Delete function added!
You can now set Simple File Lister to allow the user to delete files in the list. You can set it to allow delete for any user, even not logged in (NOT RECOMMENDED!) or on registered and logged in users or only those users who are set as "Editors" in your Joomla site.
I also fixed a bug that threw you back to default directory if changing the sort order inside a sub-directory.
Please use the delete function with care!
Joomla 3.0 version released in separate package!
A good balance between feature-rich and ease of use. Very convenient when used in conjunction with loadposition to list files in an article.
Good use of CSS to allow for customization.
What else can I say... this is fantastic!
I spent hours searching for a component on the web and in Joomla extensions to perform as the author says a "Simple" file download and could not find anything as good as this one. The detail he has but in to this Module is amazing. The $5 donation is more than deserved. I encourage everyone to do the same!
Hi, thanks so much for the kind review!
I wanted to take the opportunity to announce this "fix". Simple File Lister "inspects" each file to see if it is an image (to add the thumbnail). In this "inspection" it was using the GD Library (Graphical tools) in PHP. GD Library is quite heavy on performance so large files will process very slowly or even crash the server. :o
Per DynaFast's request I added a setting to not use GD Library if a file is over a certain size. The setting is called "GD library size limit".
If you set the GD limit any image bigger than that size will NOT get a thumb-nail but the "paperclip" icon instead.
I've installed this and set access to "special" to give the site owner an easy way on the front-end to view and delete (enabled in parameters) files if necessary.
I have some trouble to change to subdirectories, they are listed but a am not able to change to them.
But as I only want to use if for one specific directory, its no problem for me.
It is only possible to decide "only pictures" or "all files", a file filter would be nice.
Hi, sorry to hear you ran into problems... :(
If you can't browse into sub-directories you most likely have a jQuery conflict. There are settings in SFL back-end where you can turn off loading of jQuery from SFL and use it from your template or any other extension.
The manuals have previously only been available through FTP but now we could link them through Simple File Lister.
It is good looking and works perfectly.
I guess you mean that it's a good match using together with "Simple File Upload"... ;)