Please note: If you update from an older version you now have to use jfuploader to include the plugin and not joomla_flash_uploader anymore.
Please go to the component of JFUploader for details.
Works fine with Flash 10!
THE "FREE" VERSION WILL NOT LET ANYONE UPLOAD A FILE LARGER THAN 3MB!
Don't waste your time installing this, if this is, or is likely to be an issue. I have no problem with devs charging and making money. Just please be upfront what you are (and are not) providing.
The text above points to the description of the main component.
There you find in the text that there is a upload limit on the free version. And on the website there is also the note "The freeware edition has already all main features! The main limitation of the freeware edition is a 3 MB upload limit of the upload queue." directly in the download section and a big section of the features where this listed also. So there is nothing hidden at all!
And in the last review I also wrote that there different versions and already the smallest license does not have any limit in the upload queue anymore (3rd point).
So I really don't understand your rating.
- It is not made clear in the overview above that this free version has a 3 MB limit for uploading files. That is a very significant limitation and I would hardly call this a non-commercial extension.
- You can not move files between folders without a full download/re-upload
- To rename/delete folder you have to open them (single click) which is confusing.
It has a decent interface with large buttons and language support and I still think you should give it a try but for me the 3 MB upload limit is a no go and if I'm going to pay 50€ for a multiple domain licence then I want more out of the interface and features.
- moving files and folders are possible without down and uploading. This can be done directly in the flash.
- rename/delete folders are made this way because they are seldom renamed/deleted but very often you change directories. Furthermore double click is not directly supported by flash. So this is a limitation that comes from Adobe.
- There are different licences available and the first without any upload limit at all starts at 15€. And this is not only for JFU valid but also for TWG,TFU and WFU.
Simply go to a profile and check all the different configuration options. Especially the groups and profiles is something you don't get at all from Joomla by default.
With the possibility to use plugins you can even enhance it by yourself and many plugins are already available. You can almost use it as a basic file manager.
If you expect more simply contact me directly. I always looking for new ideas.