New combination of system plugin and management component covers tailored processing in JotCache for all types of extensions : static nad dynamic modules as well as components with static content and dynamic forms. Extended marking of cached content allows fast checking of cache operation in frontend and backend (new feature for easy selecting of cached pages which needs cache reset).
JotCache Plugin is extended replacement of standart System-Cache plugin with following enhancements :
Features of ver.4.0
* Cache management with faster opening on larger web sites – the cached files are presented with cached page titles and links, added more informations about cached page (browser type, language, non-routed query string), implemented items ordering, changed information about date/time of caching (incl. indication of expired or no more existing cache files)
* Exclusion of selected pages and module template positions from page caching
* Bots/crawlers and cookies exclusion
* Selective use of browser cache for choosen page URI's
* Powerfull autoclean (garbage collection) activity
* Possibility to set different page caches based on visitor browser type and device(phone,tablet).
* Cached page content can be compressed before saving into the cache. JotCache plugin has option to compress (gzlib) cached pages before storing to the cache, therefore the web access to cached content is accelerated. Compressing function covers static (page) as well as dynamic module content.
* Possibility to clear the cache only for selected pages.
* Batch recaching of frontend pages based on :
- information stored in database from previous page caching activity
- site crawling started with site homepage to other linked pages up to given depth level
Batch recaching can be also processed as cron job with selected setting possibilities
* Manual recache of marked files by users with JotCache recache rights. In this working mode authorized user can start the recache of viewed page on frontend pages and see immediatelly the results.
I have an issue with the plugin and K2 but after i asked for support and changed the order of the plugins all is working fabulous.
Thank you guys for this great extension. Keep up the good work.
Thanks to all reviewers taking the time to express evaluation of JotCache component. Feedback about live site usage of JotCache is important for further development and it brings valueable reflection to the community.
I stumbled across JotCache entirely by accident, long after trying every imaginable performance enhancement extension you can think of, including those prepackaged with my favorite commercial templates. Some of them are so complicated, in fact, configuring them for deployment is like picking a lock. And not only was I never able to get any of them to show any noticeable improvement in browsing performance, they'd often scramble my page rendering or crash the site altogether.
JotCache is remarkably simple to deploy, and the results are outstanding. Every site I've installed it on feels like a completely different site. Granted I've only been using it for just under 48 hours, I haven't found a single thing not to like about it.
My thanks to Jot Components for generously making this gem available to the community.
I haven't fully tested it yet but first run through everything works still and it was very easy to install.
Thanks to all reviewers taking the time to express evaluation of JotCache component. It has high value for community as well as for me as developer and supporter. Proper feedback has eminent contribute to further development.
However there was always a page or a component that had problems, so I could never enable the cache.
With jotcache, I now have full control! It's easy to exclude compontents / pages and even module positions.
Split browser support is awesome. And the extra page compression also works nice. I want to thank V.Kanich for this excellent piece of work! This should be part of the default joomla software if you ask me.
Other cache extensions and the joomla cache tool, just seemed to brake my site & I was really at the end of the tunnel, I even hired a "Speed expert" of a freelancer website and even they couldn't speed my site up.
I seemed to stumble upon JotCache and literally within minutes of installing it my site was 50% faster.
Its a large site with lots of areas that could really benefit from being cached.
I found it fairly easy to set up and quickly found that the parameters to exclude certain URL's and areas of the site is what makes JotCache so special for me.
It has been installed on a very big, busy site for around 6 months now & I have no issues with it.
New versions, upgrades and bug fixes seem to come out pretty frequently & I recently needed some support.
The support via the forum was quick and informative.
Vlado even took ownership of my problem and tested some stuff in my own website and offered a solution to my problem.
I make many Joomla sites and there are certain Components I see as core to me and I install them in all my sites (JCE, Akeeba are obvious ones), but JotCache is on my list now too!
Thanks for your time in building this great component & offering the support that you do.
Well Done & keep up the good work
Thank you very much for stimulating review. This and other positive feedbacks from satisfied users of JotCache extension are great motivation for further development of this project.
Website performance is critical to online success, and Joomla is sometimes hard to tame. When I found that Joomla's default cache option interfered with Chronoforms and caused other problems, I was worried to see that there were only a few third party extensions available.
Thankfully, one of those third party extensions was Jotcache, and it works like a charm. When I originally installed it, I noticed that my Roktabs extension wasn't rendering properly in Internet Explorer. The solution? Individual caches for each browser! Brilliant.
It drastically improves site performance and has the options you need in order to exact more control over the caching of your Joomla site.
Yesterday I ran into another problem on a fresh install: Jotcache didn't seem to be working despite having the same settings used on a previous setup. I emailed Vlado and he responded within a few hours. I gave him access to my site and within a day he had responded with the solution: another third party extension was interfering.
What more can you ask for? I almost feel bad accepting the extension for free.
Thanks for everything, Vlado! Joomla thrives because of contributions like yours. Keep up the great work!