New combination of system plugin and management component covers tailored processing in JotCache for all types of extensions : static nad dynamic modules as well as components with static content and dynamic forms. Extended marking of cached content allows fast checking of cache operation in frontend and backend (new feature for easy selecting of cached pages which needs cache reset).
JotCache Plugin is extended replacement of standart System-Cache plugin with following enhancements :
Features of ver.3.0
* Cache management with faster opening on larger web sites – the cached files are presented with cached page titles and links, added more informations about cached page (browser type, language, non-routed query string), implemented items ordering, changed information about date/time of caching (incl. indication of expired or no more existing cache files)
* Exclusion of selected pages and template positions from page caching
* Selective use of browser cache for choosen page URI's
* Reworked plugin functions for more powerfull autoclean (garbage collection) activity and browser caching.
* New common installer for one-step installation of JotCache component and plugin in upgrade mode
* Bots/crawlers and cookies exclusion
and all major features from oldier versions of JotCache :
* Possibility to set different page caches based on user browser type. Standart options allows to have different caches for Internet Explorer browsers - IE6, IE7, IE8, IE9. All other browser types are using common page cache. When used template system has separate templates for mobile phones then here is possibility to exclude mobile users from page caching.
* Cached page content can be compressed before saving into the cache. JotCache plugin has option to compress (gzlib) cached pages before storing to the cache, therefore the web access to cached content is accelerated. Compressing function covers static (page) as well as dynamic module content.
* Possibility to clear the cache only for selected pages. With accompanied JotCache Component here it is possible to see the actual cached pages linked to used component and view. You can delete the selected cached pages (marked in component list view) leaving the rest of cached pages intact.
This extension is simply awesome, and it goes into my "must install" extensions list.
I maintain a fairly large website with several thousand articles and around 8000 visitors a day and today i had to move everything to a new dedicated server which proved to be kind of lazy on processing power. It took almost 30 seconds for the page to load and i was trying to speed things up for the whole evening. To make things worse, i couldn't use Joomla's builtin caching due to some errors in one component that serves the section of the frontpage. I must admit that prior to the installation i was sure that this component won't do the trick either. Moreover, i thought that even if it would spare me from that error in the component i just mentioned, the results in speed would be minimal.
I WAS BLOWN AWAY!!! :)
My pages are F.L.Y.I.N.G!
I can't thank you guys enough! :)
Combining this plugin with a CDN (using a separate 'CDN for Joomla!' plugin) has proven to be quite effective in reducing our server load.
We've also had some issues with the default joomla caching before we tried this, for eg. the extended menu module was incorrectly cached. With the additional 'Global Exclude' option in jotcache, we were able resolve some issues with specific components/pages as well.
Good to see the plugin is being updated! This is definitely a very needed plugin if you have more than 10 people visiting your site :)
Hope to have some advanced options like how w3tc for wordpress has! At the least, I'd hope for alternate methods to save the cached pages, like apc or eaccelerator.
All in all, a great plugin & thanks for keeping it free!
This is great plugin and component. Its working fine in my site.
But when page is in cache then its header title is not showing properly.
Its shows @@@title instead of title
Please can you help me?
This is not problem - it is indicator for you as administrator that cache is working on your page (see Help about Set Mark feature). To switch OFF simply go to Extensions/Plugin Manager -> JotCache plugin and set Mark Caching parameter to No. Then Tools/Clean Cache select All and click on Delete.
Response to above e-mail : Thank you very much for quick reply.
Its working fine now.
One thing; it is unclear whether or not 'cache' should be enabled in global config! Should I?!
Use enabled global cache - performance of your site shall be increased by caching of some parts of the content (articles, modules, etc.)
You do need a tiny bit of programming knowledge to understand how to keep module positions uncached. But for something that is free and does the job very well, cant complain.
So Jotcache does a great job because you can exclude certain pages based on the variables in the URL.
BUT I cannot get it to work with Sobi2. I have random listings on Sobi2 but they show as fixed when Jotcache is enabled.
The email reply from the developer has been very quick which is good. But unfortunately he has not been able to provide a fix.
So its a 4* component. By which I mean it is excellent, and support is good, except for it not working for Sobi2 nor a fix been provided.
That means you dont have Sobi 2 its 5 stars!
With my contribution to public open source I think that I am paying back solutions and ideas which I got from community. But I not owe you anything especially in the case when you are providing paid services to your customer.
When I asked for test server with similar environment to analyse and test possible solutions, then nothing was provided. Not to be personally biased I was searching for extent of open source support I found http://brian.teeman.net/joomla-gps/free-joomla-support.html (with N. Dionysopoulos comment matching my feeling as well).
please let me know where i can get the place to post my questions
I had a problem with deleting the outdated records from the database, but a large and fast support has proven developer.
Thank you very much for your fast support and good addition to the site! Leszek