New combination of system plugin and management component covers tailored processing in JotCache for all types of extensions : static nad dynamic modules as well as components with static content and dynamic forms. Extended marking of cached content allows fast checking of cache operation in frontend and backend (new feature for easy selecting of cached pages which needs cache reset).
JotCache Plugin is extended replacement of standart System-Cache plugin with following enhancements :
Features of ver.4.0
* Cache management with faster opening on larger web sites – the cached files are presented with cached page titles and links, added more informations about cached page (browser type, language, non-routed query string), implemented items ordering, changed information about date/time of caching (incl. indication of expired or no more existing cache files)
* Exclusion of selected pages and module template positions from page caching
* Bots/crawlers and cookies exclusion
* Selective use of browser cache for choosen page URI's
* Powerfull autoclean (garbage collection) activity
* Possibility to set different page caches based on visitor browser type and device(phone,tablet).
* Cached page content can be compressed before saving into the cache. JotCache plugin has option to compress (gzlib) cached pages before storing to the cache, therefore the web access to cached content is accelerated. Compressing function covers static (page) as well as dynamic module content.
* Possibility to clear the cache only for selected pages.
* Batch recaching of frontend pages based on :
- information stored in database from previous page caching activity
- site crawling started with site homepage to other linked pages up to given depth level
Batch recaching can be also processed as cron job with selected setting possibilities
* Manual recache of marked files by users with JotCache recache rights. In this working mode authorized user can start the recache of viewed page on frontend pages and see immediatelly the results.
please let me know where i can get the place to post my questions
I had a problem with deleting the outdated records from the database, but a large and fast support has proven developer.
Thank you very much for your fast support and good addition to the site! Leszek
I have posted this review to:
- Thank the author.
- Help someone else if they encountered the same problem.
Actually I'm relatively new to joomla. After installing joomla I have noticed joomla perfomance problems. Then I looked for a way to improve it. At the beginning I wasn't so optimistic. But when I have installed your plugin and component. Wow! It improved my site loading about 3-4 times.
The happiness didn't last so much because when I visited the articles, upon first loading everything was OK. But when I visited the same link for the second time, the images was not appeared.
So I have googled and I have found the solution in joomla forums. The problem was caused by the SEF(because I was enabled it too).
So if anyone has image broken problem after installing this plugin and enabling SEF, Just go to "Plugin manager" and change the "ystem - SEF" order by clicking the up-arrow until it becomes the first system plugin.
This worked for me and I'm so glad with the result.
Thank you again for this great job
The developer has done a great job of providing a really viable solution. The ability to exclude certain module positions as non cached gives the best of both worlds - fast pages and dynamic modules. Added to this, you can also exclude specific components making this a very flexible extension
Everything works fine until you press refresh button in your browser looking at an article - all thubnails vanish...
I was looking on your web site and I found everything working inclusive thumbnials. Maybe you started initial with JotCache caching without clearing the old cached content. When you have more additional informations please do not hesitate and contact me via http://www.kanich.net/radio/site/contact.
However, I could not use it on sites with utf8-bin. Chararters became alien alphabets.
Things to note for version 1.2:
-Module names can only contain a-z, A-Z or 0-9 (next release will have this fixed)
-Virtuemart must have all instances of "$mosConfig_live_site" replaced with "JURI :: base()" when used with sh404SEF and JotCache
-Plugin order is important, things like JCH Optimise (which strip out the HTML comment tag) should be placed in order AFTER JotCache or module exclusions will not work.
-Make sure to clear all site and browser caches and enable the debug cookie (mark) if things don't look right!
Awesome job Vlado!
A really great module, really. But there's one problem which makes it painful to use, when you have different login modules.
You can't exclude specific module with the instruction for JotCache, you can only disable all "left" and all "right" modules. Etc.
I have jFusion login module on "right" position, and on other pages on "left" position. I must exclude them, because caching makes people log off after cache expires (each 15 minutes!), and when we try to log-in, "Invalid Token" message appears. No wonder, as login (and register!) modules MUSN'T be cached.
Is there a way to exclude only 1 module on the "left" and 1 module on the "right"? I can't figure it out, but we need it urgently. You can check the problem on our site: (www)ddopl(com).
I'd be VERY grateful for easy solution! Otherwise, we can't use JotCache...
I looked on your website. The easiest way is here to exclude both "left" and "right" positions from caching. Then all modules on these positions are not cached. When you like to cache all others moduls but exclude only Login module from catching then split your template on more positions on left as well as right side (on your web site - left1,left2,left3,right1,right2,right3) and assign Login module to left2 respectively right2 positions. For left2 and right2 use jot marking tags
Anyway 5 stars!
I agree with you. Excluding of components with possible list of excluded views is now part of JotCache ver.1.1.