New combination of system plugin and management component covers tailored processing in JotCache for all types of extensions : static nad dynamic modules as well as components with static content and dynamic forms. Extended marking of cached content allows fast checking of cache operation in frontend and backend (new feature for easy selecting of cached pages which needs cache reset).
JotCache Plugin is extended replacement of standart System-Cache plugin with following enhancements :
Features of ver.4.0
* Cache management with faster opening on larger web sites – the cached files are presented with cached page titles and links, added more informations about cached page (browser type, language, non-routed query string), implemented items ordering, changed information about date/time of caching (incl. indication of expired or no more existing cache files)
* Exclusion of selected pages and module template positions from page caching
* Bots/crawlers and cookies exclusion
* Selective use of browser cache for choosen page URI's
* Powerfull autoclean (garbage collection) activity
* Possibility to set different page caches based on visitor browser type and device(phone,tablet).
* Cached page content can be compressed before saving into the cache. JotCache plugin has option to compress (gzlib) cached pages before storing to the cache, therefore the web access to cached content is accelerated. Compressing function covers static (page) as well as dynamic module content.
* Possibility to clear the cache only for selected pages.
* Batch recaching of frontend pages based on :
- information stored in database from previous page caching activity
- site crawling started with site homepage to other linked pages up to given depth level
Batch recaching can be also processed as cron job with selected setting possibilities
* Manual recache of marked files by users with JotCache recache rights. In this working mode authorized user can start the recache of viewed page on frontend pages and see immediatelly the results.
A really great module, really. But there's one problem which makes it painful to use, when you have different login modules.
You can't exclude specific module with the instruction for JotCache, you can only disable all "left" and all "right" modules. Etc.
I have jFusion login module on "right" position, and on other pages on "left" position. I must exclude them, because caching makes people log off after cache expires (each 15 minutes!), and when we try to log-in, "Invalid Token" message appears. No wonder, as login (and register!) modules MUSN'T be cached.
Is there a way to exclude only 1 module on the "left" and 1 module on the "right"? I can't figure it out, but we need it urgently. You can check the problem on our site: (www)ddopl(com).
I'd be VERY grateful for easy solution! Otherwise, we can't use JotCache...
I looked on your website. The easiest way is here to exclude both "left" and "right" positions from caching. Then all modules on these positions are not cached. When you like to cache all others moduls but exclude only Login module from catching then split your template on more positions on left as well as right side (on your web site - left1,left2,left3,right1,right2,right3) and assign Login module to left2 respectively right2 positions. For left2 and right2 use jot marking tags
Anyway 5 stars!
I agree with you. Excluding of components with possible list of excluded views is now part of JotCache ver.1.1.
It's easier to configure than the joomla standard caching system when it comes to caching of modules. Maybe it's my lack of proper knowledge, but Joomla's standard cache can have strange behaviour and documentation is very poor at Joomla (about their caching).
With JotCache I can finally put those times behind me. It works as it says and documentation is very clear.
Keep up the good work!