- This extension requires registration to download.
WHAT IT DOES OUT-OF-THE BOX
- calls jQuery and jQuery UI libraries from the Google CDN (with or without protocol) - but you can do it locally too,
- places jQuery libraries after MooTools calls for perfect compatibility,
- adds the noConflict() code alongside the jQuery library call,
- strips out extra jQuery and jQuery UI libraries, including the noConflict() calls added by other modules or plugins,
- lets you choose jQuery UI basic styling or custom theme.
WHAT YOU CAN TWEAK
- disable MooTools libraries tentatively in the frontend,
- enable or disable the plugin in specific portions of the site, from template to single page,
- use reporting to get feedback on what the plugin engine has done,
- add or remove scripts and stylesheets,
- strip blank lines left by the modifications made to the page,
- prevent some libraries to be stripped out,
- modify the way the engine works by default (do not add or remove noConflict() code...),
Try the new jQuery Easy Profiles for Joomla! 3+ (beta) that allows multiple configurations to work seamlessly for different parts of a site. More information on the website's owner.
Thanks very much for developing this great plugin. :-)
You are welcome! Thank you for the review.
Thanks a lot for this free plugin.
Making many modules using jQuery working together can be a very difficult task. I am glad this plugin was able to help you with that.
Thank you so much for the review.
This is great. Thank you for the review, I do appreciate it.
The plugin lives up to its name - it was Easy, and worked out of the box 3 minutes after installation :-)
Thank you very much for the review, it is much appreciated!
I have used it for solving problems on various sites, and latest to solve a conflict between FitVids and GCalendar.
Thank you so much for developing this - it ought to be build in the Joomla core!
You are welcome, thanks for the review, I do appreciate it. I don't know if this should be part of the Joomla core, but there is definitely something to do (like jQuery coding conventions or best practices) to attune jQuery development under this framework.
Many of my customers have jQuery two or more times, and I always this plugin to solve the issue.
Thank you very much for using the plugin for your website jQuery issues. I appreciate the review!
The documentation on the author's website is valuable with practical examples.
Support was brilliant!
At first the plugin did not work (server configuration). Simplifyyourweb found it out and fixed their plugin in a few hours. I want to say that, while free like their plugin, their support was fully professional (much more than most so called professionnal services) :D
Here are details on the gain I had just by using jQuery Easy on this website page. Mesures are taken with GTmetrix:
Before | After activating jQuery Easy | Taking further action from the results
Total page size: >800KB | 678KB | 516KB (-38 %)
Total number of requests: 78 | 70 | 61 (-22%)
Kudos to such professional developpers.
My turn to thank you for this great review and for posting your statistics about the improvements made to your site.
It has been the kind of collaborative work that definitely helps on improving the product.
Because for my particular problem it didn't work out of the box. But I got some really great help from the developer. He put a lot of time and effort in it to help me solving it.
Thanks a lot for the review and the showing of your appreciation. Makes it all worthwhile :-)