- This extension requires registration to download.
WHAT IT DOES OUT-OF-THE BOX
- calls jQuery and jQuery UI libraries from the Google CDN (with or without protocol) - but you can do it locally too,
- places jQuery libraries after MooTools calls for perfect compatibility,
- adds the noConflict() code alongside the jQuery library call,
- strips out extra jQuery and jQuery UI libraries, including the noConflict() calls added by other modules or plugins,
- lets you choose jQuery UI basic styling or custom theme.
WHAT YOU CAN TWEAK
- disable MooTools libraries tentatively in the frontend,
- enable or disable the plugin in specific portions of the site, from template to single page,
- use reporting to get feedback on what the plugin engine has done,
- add or remove scripts and stylesheets,
- strip blank lines left by the modifications made to the page,
- prevent some libraries to be stripped out,
- modify the way the engine works by default (do not add or remove noConflict() code...),
Try the new jQuery Easy Profiles for Joomla! 3+ (beta) that allows multiple configurations to work seamlessly for different parts of a site. More information on the website's owner.
Then one forum post mentioned this plug-in and how it solved his problem. No way it could be that easy...
Backed up the site, installed the plugin, clicked to enable it and the site worked perfectly again.
Yep, it was that easy and this is a perfect solution if jquery conflicts are your problem.
Sincere gratitude to the developer.
Thank you for the review, it is gratifying to see that this plugin really helps solve jQuery potential problems in Joomla! environments. This is always a big encouragement and makes me want to push the plugin's limits, especially for those much more complicated issues some users come up with.
Thank you for this review. The plugin's popularity and the issues encountered over the past months by its users help in pushing its limits further every time. More improvements are on the way to make this plugin as good as possible...
Thank you very much for this review and the added insight. I will look into it and see how we can make websites using this plugin even faster. Thank you for contributing in making jQuery Easy even better!
Thank you, I appreciate the review. Great to see that this plugin can be of help to you!
I'd been having a problem where a component [which as I love it remains nameless] was loading jQuery from Google's CDN over http, breaking the SSL site I was using it for. NOTE TO DEVS: GIVE US THE OPTION TO CONTROL YOUR JQUERY IMPLEMENTATIONS! Basic stuff, no?
jQuery Easy to the rescue! The second I loaded it to my site, it fixed a Mootools conflict by loading it the correct way round, and BANG, my site was loading fully over SSL again. And no need to touch the admin area's settings too.
Oh and it even honoured the force SSL setting I'd added to Global Config by ALREADY CHECKING HTTPS!
Wow. Simplify Your Web indeed. Great, great work guys. I salute you.
(PS Compared to installation and setup of jQuery Easy, this review took about 100x longer!)
Thank you for this very constructive review. The plugin is in constant evolution and more options are on the way for advanced users as requests pour in.
Could you contact me through the website and clarify your request about controlling the jQuery implementations? (do you mean you want to be able to get jQuery from other channels than Google's CDN?)
It helped solve the issue in less than 2mn! I wish I came across this excellent plugin earlier.
Thank you to the developer!
Thank you for the review!
Thanks you for reporting these issues and for the review!
Not only is it free, but the author gave amazing support, also for free!
Definitely will be part of the "default" install line-up in future.
Serious Kudos for making this available!!!
Thanks for the review, I greatly appreciate it.
Thanks for the review. Your remark is taken into consideration, although the decision of not having the jQuery library loaded by default was made to force the user to tailor the plugin to the needs of the website it is applied to, in a knowledgeable manner.
After reading the documentation for RokStories, I found that jQuery was probably causing the problem. I tried putting code into the Joomla! template to fix the problem, to no avail.
After a couple of hours of trying to fix the problem I backed up and the thought came to check to see if someone had created an extension to fix the problem. They had! Thanks, Olivier!!
Thank you for this great review. Your detail explanations can certainly help others find out where their problems may come from.