- This extension requires registration to download.
WHAT IT DOES OUT-OF-THE BOX
- calls jQuery and jQuery UI libraries from the Google CDN (with or without protocol) - but you can do it locally too,
- places jQuery libraries after MooTools calls for perfect compatibility,
- adds the noConflict() code alongside the jQuery library call,
- strips out extra jQuery and jQuery UI libraries, including the noConflict() calls added by other modules or plugins,
- lets you choose jQuery UI basic styling or custom theme.
WHAT YOU CAN TWEAK
- disable MooTools libraries tentatively in the frontend,
- enable or disable the plugin in specific portions of the site, from template to single page,
- use reporting to get feedback on what the plugin engine has done,
- add or remove scripts and stylesheets,
- strip blank lines left by the modifications made to the page,
- prevent some libraries to be stripped out,
- modify the way the engine works by default (do not add or remove noConflict() code...),
Try the new jQuery Easy Profiles for Joomla! 3+ (beta) that allows multiple configurations to work seamlessly for different parts of a site. More information on the website's owner.
It helped solve the issue in less than 2mn! I wish I came across this excellent plugin earlier.
Thank you to the developer!
Thank you for the review!
Thanks you for reporting these issues and for the review!
Not only is it free, but the author gave amazing support, also for free!
Definitely will be part of the "default" install line-up in future.
Serious Kudos for making this available!!!
Thanks for the review, I greatly appreciate it.
Thanks for the review. Your remark is taken into consideration, although the decision of not having the jQuery library loaded by default was made to force the user to tailor the plugin to the needs of the website it is applied to, in a knowledgeable manner.
After reading the documentation for RokStories, I found that jQuery was probably causing the problem. I tried putting code into the Joomla! template to fix the problem, to no avail.
After a couple of hours of trying to fix the problem I backed up and the thought came to check to see if someone had created an extension to fix the problem. They had! Thanks, Olivier!!
Thank you for this great review. Your detail explanations can certainly help others find out where their problems may come from.
Thank you Ben. You have been so helpful and challenging, it helped make my work better.
Just click to download, click to install, click to activate and viola, everything is right in the world again : )))
Trying to fix jQuery conflicts can be very tedious, especially that more and more extensions use it extensively. I am glad this little plugin was able to help you out!
Thank you for your feedback. It can definitely help further development of the plugin.