Advice: don't expect jbetolo to work out of the box, although it will do excellent job in most cases. jbetolo helps you tune YOUR site, thus it needs to be adjusted to YOUR specific setup, and the very reason we provide you so many useful options where each is explained within jbetolo when you hover the specific parameters. Having said that, I always welcome you to contact me and I will try my best to provide advice or if necessary direct assistance.
jbetolo provides the following features in detail:
1. merging js and css
2. compressing js, css and fonts
3. minimizing js, css and html
4. serve the generated files with correct http header
5. off-loading to your CDN server, multiple CDNs supported for various file types
6. static content caching
7. exclude jbetolo processing based on browser, browser version, mobile device, certain components, url params
8. embed selected resources as data URI in your merged css file
9. solve js and css conflicts and dependency issues, by allowing you to sequence the loading
10. remove unwanted js and css files from the page
11. add js and css files that aren't included or if you want to replace removed ones
12. merging option to indicate which files that should be excluded or included from the merging process
13. move inline js scripts to either header, bottom of the page or leave it as it is
14. move merged js file, as well as other non-merged js files and inline js code to the bottom of page or leave it within the header
Are those features not enough please don't hesitate to head over to our repo and submit an enhancement request and we will make sure to consider it.
Notice: The last Joomla! 1.5 compatible version is 2.2.14 and will be supported only to fix bugs and no new features will be introduced.
The development group supporting it also appears very active so that bugs and improvements are being pursued. I think that is important because Joomla, script libraries, and the cloud CDN services are rapidly evolving.
One bummer: After spending time doing tweaks to my apache server, a single-click in this extension modified the .htaccess file that I had spent ~30 minutes searching, reading, and patching configuration files on the server!
This extension is the Swiss Army Knife of speed tweaks for Joomla.
For me, this is the best site performance tool, easily five stars.
Highly recommended !!
jbetolo minify/compress/combine all my 29css to 1 and 16js file to 1
(other great options are lasy image and CDN)
With a tiny code in my htaccess file(adding expire header tag) my site is now grade A (in yslow)
I use it on every website i build.
It is only one thing left to say.
Thank you !
Improved my PageSpeed Insights for Chrome rating from about 42 to at least 86 on all pages.
Small amount of customisation and fiddling needed to suit my website but pretty good notes to help understand all settings.
I am pretty new to Joomla but found it very easy to use and install and most importantly the website is now faster.
Well done Jbetolo.
It has improved my pagespeed rating by 15 points and certainly improved the loading time.
I am using merging and compressing which worked fine besides one file I had to exclude.
Anyway the extensions works great just like expected.
But please add a changelog! I see the plugin gets updatet often, but I never know if an update is necessary in terms of new functionality/bugfixes etc.
Thank you for your review and useful comment.
I have updated the download page with reference to the projects github repo where all changes are commented.