Advice: don't expect jbetolo to work out of the box, although it will do excellent job in most cases. jbetolo helps you tune YOUR site, thus it needs to be adjusted to YOUR specific setup, and the very reason we provide you so many useful options where each is explained within jbetolo when you hover the specific parameters. Having said that, I always welcome you to contact me and I will try my best to provide advice or if necessary direct assistance.
jbetolo provides the following features in detail:
1. merging js and css
2. compressing js, css and fonts
3. minimizing js, css and html
4. serve the generated files with correct http header
5. off-loading to your CDN server, multiple CDNs supported for various file types
6. static content caching
7. exclude jbetolo processing based on browser, browser version, mobile device, certain components, url params
8. embed selected resources as data URI in your merged css file
9. solve js and css conflicts and dependency issues, by allowing you to sequence the loading
10. remove unwanted js and css files from the page
11. add js and css files that aren't included or if you want to replace removed ones
12. merging option to indicate which files that should be excluded or included from the merging process
13. move inline js scripts to either header, bottom of the page or leave it as it is
14. move merged js file, as well as other non-merged js files and inline js code to the bottom of page or leave it within the header
Are those features not enough please don't hesitate to head over to our repo and submit an enhancement request and we will make sure to consider it.
Notice: The last Joomla! 1.5 compatible version is 2.2.14 and will be supported only to fix bugs and no new features will be introduced.
It has improved my pagespeed rating by 15 points and certainly improved the loading time.
I am using merging and compressing which worked fine besides one file I had to exclude.
Anyway the extensions works great just like expected.
But please add a changelog! I see the plugin gets updatet often, but I never know if an update is necessary in terms of new functionality/bugfixes etc.
Thank you for your review and useful comment.
I have updated the download page with reference to the projects github repo where all changes are commented.
Sad to hear that you had such problems, although the one where jbetolo keeps being part of the page rendering even though it was uninstalled is very odd. The only way for this to happen is if you had system cache turned on and the page was cached while jbetolo was in effect. Regardless I wish you had contacted me and we could have tried to solve the issues you had instead of reading about it here as the first encounter of the issue, which I feel doesn't hold for an open source and free extension where some amount of collaboration is the least that can be expected of both users and developers. I do my best to assist users that contacts me.
Anyhow for sites with multiple components and scripts this is the one to get.
It took a couple of hours to get working to maximum efficiency, I found the easiest way was to look at my source code, and combine the css in that order, as for the JS it was mootools-core, jquery.js then the rest as sourced. The htaccess based rewriting didn't work for me even though I use rewrites with other apps. No Biggie. It did what I wanted.
It managed to shave 5+ seconds off of the time to load my site. As a comparison, RokGzipper only managed to cut 2+ secs from the same site.
But just remember,
This extension is a tool, a great one, to help tune your site; not a magic wand you simply install and voila! everything's done.
Thank you for sharing this extension!
The best plugin in its field an I'm looking forward to the first non Beta 2 release.