Advice: don't expect jbetolo to work out of the box, although it will do excellent job in most cases. jbetolo helps you tune YOUR site, thus it needs to be adjusted to YOUR specific setup, and the very reason we provide you so many useful options where each is explained within jbetolo by highlighting the settings. Having said that, I always welcome you to contact me and I will try my best to provide advice or if necessary direct assistance.
jbetolo provides the following features in detail:
1. merging js and css
2. compressing js, css and fonts
3. minimizing js, css and html
4. serve the generated files with correct http header
5. off-loading to your CDN server, multiple CDNs supported for various file types
6. static content caching
7. exclude jbetolo processing based on browser, browser version, mobile device, certain components, url params
8. embed selected resources as data URI in your merged css file
9. solve js and css conflicts and dependency issues, by allowing you to sequence the loading
10. remove unwanted js and css files from the page
11. add js and css files that aren't included or if you want to replace removed ones
12. merging option to indicate which files that should be excluded or included from the merging process
13. move inline js scripts to either header, bottom of the page or leave it as it is
14. move merged js file, as well as other non-merged js files and inline js code to the bottom of page or leave it within the header
Are those features not enough please don't hesitate to head over to our repo and submit an enhancement request and we will make sure to consider it.
Notice: The last Joomla! 1.5 compatible version is 2.2.14 and will be supported only to fix bugs and no new features will be introduced.
Every issue I had was solved directly by the developer though email correspondence! Support doesn't get much better than that. Not only did he fix it but he told me how he did it so I know what to do int he future.
I will definitely have a look if iframes are of any particular concern in this regard.
If you had contacted me earlier I could have tried to address the issue to extent possible and it would have been more useful for others to know about.
Regardless thanks a lot for taking your time to comment.
And i did´t do mistake.
I had some problems to get plugin to work at my Joomla configuration and developer first tried with admin login to fix it. Then he asked for complete backup of my root folder and DB, and he fixed problem for a half of day at home. I won´t mention that he answer emails directly fast.
Beleive me, with this developer you wont stay in deep water when you move to Joomla 1.6. Or when you install some plugin that is poorly coded and has to work with merge-minify plugin.
Apsolutely doesn´t matter if this plugin will stay free in future. Support is excellent. Even more excellent with fact that it is a free plugin.
Try to put yourselves in his shoes. How many of you would bother to aks someone (you don´t know) for joomla root folder, DB, install that at home and troubleshoot? All for free.
I may say, in Joomla world it is excellent support.
because every web site is different, it is possible that you may run into minor snags, but do contact the developer 9Gobezu and he'll help you sort it out.
I had tried numerous different ways to do what this extension does to no avail. This is a GREAT extension, supported by a developer who is responsive.
For example, my profile pages from Community Builder caused issues with other extensions. Here, excluding com_profiler just did the trick.
Thus, this is the only one that doesn't break some of my pages after proper configuration and it is very efficient.