- Combine background images in a sprite
- Minify (Compress) and gzip aggregated files
- Exclude individual files or files from extensions that do not aggregate well
- Support for @import rules in CSS files
- Updated for compatibility with Joomla 3.0 via a small change courtesy of Omar Muhammad - http://omar84.com
- Allow processing of head tags with attributes
- Fixed issue of missing end head tag (happens if last element before end head tag is a css link)
- Fixed bug introduced in 2.0.1 re misuse of clone keyword on line 651 preventing use of sprite generator
Review CHANGELOG file for more details
As usual with performance optimization, it pays to take some time to work with the plugin. Out of the box it will give some improvements. But the biggest gains are seen from setting other options, and making the small, site specific changes to ensure everything still runs smoothly.
With everything configured, big jumps in PageSpeed and YSlow scores are easy to see over unoptimized sites. And of course, precious seconds off your measured real-world download speeds.
Consider setting this one up on any production Joomla site. It is unglamorous, but there aren't many things you can do with half an hour that will make such a worthwhile difference in the long run.
Despite best efforts, the default parameters probably won't work for everyone. There are a number of options in the back-end configurations to tune the plugin to your specific requirements.
If you're having problems, please request assistance by submitting a support ticket before reviewing or rating. Thanks.
Unfortunately, because of the existence of Internet Explorer, I had to remove it. Even though I totally hate IE, it's still the most popular browser.
So to sum it up: this is a problem with Internet Explorer and not the plugin's fault. But others I've used are compatible with IE... so I really don't know where the bug lies. Either way, it does what it says in Firefox, so I still give it 5 stars.
I installed again and I played a little with plugin setting ( I exclude from js compress the mootools.js and menu.js) and it work. GREAAAATTTTT.
I must say that i tryed all ather plugins and this is in the end much much better. Tanks.
I selected yes to all the first parameters except for minify HTML and my website climbed 8 points in the firebug page speed tab.
Together this plugin and smartoptimerz script (and instructions from here: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=433&t=343940 ), my website got a major speed boost.
Better support for editors included in latest release
So impressed, I just donated to the project.
Thank you. Much appreciated.